Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2015, 07:18 PM   #21

Re: Our Ford Transit build is underway at SMB North

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpncp
I think I might have seen your Transit at Sportsmobile Huntington today 7-22. It seems to match your above description and photos. Wife and I drove from Illinois about 180 miles one way to have some questions answered and to see examples of transits. We have a 2015 Sterling grey Transit mid roof, long length. Just got back home -- long day! We took a peek in the interior of yours and it looks professionally done. I think you will be happy.
Wow, that is awesome that somebody here actually saw our van! Not that we don't believe SMB North, but it's nice to hear from an eye-witness who was actually there. We wish we lived a lot closer and could have checked on the progress periodically. We are planning to pick it up next week - but we are twice as far as you - 360 miles! We are very excited at nearing the end of our conversion project and proceeding on to the camping part of it all!

jmkoskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:30 AM   #22

When we saw your van at Sportsmobile, it never clicked in that I had read your thread a few weeks before. When I got home and was thinking about vans, etc, I recalled reading something about a similar Transit that I saw in Indiana. Searched first on Ford Transit Forum where I usually go and found nothing and then went to this Forum and Bingo!. Usually don't hang here because not much info on Transits -- but that will probably change as Transits become more popular.

By the way, on my 3.5 Ecoboost (same as yours), my mpg on the computer was 21.3 mpg for the entire trip of almost 400 miles under less than perfect conditions. I know the MPG on the computer may be a little too optimistic but still not bad. I just crossed 3000 miles and the mpg has steadily been improving.
rjpncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpncp
When we saw your van at Sportsmobile, it never clicked in that I had read your thread a few weeks before. When I got home and was thinking about vans, etc, I recalled reading something about a similar Transit that I saw in Indiana. Searched first on Ford Transit Forum where I usually go and found nothing and then went to this Forum and Bingo!. Usually don't hang here because not much info on Transits -- but that will probably change as Transits become more popular.

By the way, on my 3.5 Ecoboost (same as yours), my mpg on the computer was 21.3 mpg for the entire trip of almost 400 miles under less than perfect conditions. I know the MPG on the computer may be a little too optimistic but still not bad. I just crossed 3000 miles and the mpg has steadily been improving.
What route did you take to get to Huntington? We've tried 24 from the west and 30 from the north - not sure exactly which we're doing this (hopefully) last time.
jmkoskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:21 PM   #24

No good way to Huntington. Took rt 24 going there but decided to take Rt 30 back. But at the last second, literally, I turned on to rt 114 which becomes rt 14. It probably was a little better than 24 but still not good. If I-80 is the destination, then i think rt 30 would be best.
rjpncp is offline   Reply With Quote