Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #1

Parts department failure

I sent this email to 6 management people at Southhaven RV in Southhaven, MS (just outside Memphis TN). No reply, no surprise.

Hello Mr. Hixson,
I ordered a Shurflo City Water Inlet via telephone from your parts dept. on Thurs 4/18 or Fri 4/19 (not positive which day). The man on the phone said he had it in hand and could ship to me to arrive by Tues 4-22. On Thurs 4-24, I had not received, so my installer got the part elsewhere.

Monday, 4-28, Mike (Thomas?) called and said he had my part there, ready for pick up. I explained the above info. He said he would pass info along to someone who could credit my account. This morning I received a call from Ginger (?) who said this was a special order part and could not be returned. From my observation, Shurflo City Water Inlets are as common a part as any that exist on RV's. Special order? naw, not really, the first guy I called said he had it in hand. Shipped? nope, didn't happen.

My installer had cautioned about your reputation in parts and service... I chose not to believe his tales. You guys can keep the chickenshit little $52. I'll devote every effort to further confirm your crappy reputation. I am on two RV/Offroad forums and spend 50-60 nights a year camping... this info will be spread widely.

Enjoy your new inlet valve!

Marc Deloach

"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #2

Re: Parts department failure

If you paid with Credit Card then dispute the charge (merchandise never received, they have no proof of shipment or pickup, and it is a mail / phone order with no card physically present / no slip signed) and get your money back. Initiate the charge back immediately, it will drive their accounting department nuts.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #3

I, just this second, hung up from a call I got from Miss Ginger... apparently the emails got to some management folks, and now all of a sudden, I am getting a refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der
If you paid with Credit Card then dispute the charge (merchandise never received, they have no proof of shipment or pickup, and it is a mail / phone order with no card physically present / no slip signed) and get your money back. Initiate the charge back immediately, it will drive their accounting department nuts.
Thanks for that, 1der, I was aware and just plain uninterested in the time/effort to recover the small sum of $52. I had a blast banging their heads this morning, and was waaaaay looking forward to stopping in there on my next trip through Memphis and show 'em what a shrieking a$$hole I can be (I keep bail money at hand on those type trips... and have had to use it). Now they've gone and done the right thing...dang... gotta git back to work.
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
Old 05-01-2014, 07:35 AM   #4

Sooo, I get a phone call from the Parts and Service Manager... wants me to tell him what happened... as if it wasn't in the email... yadda yadda, we appreciate your bidness blah X 3.

Then I get an email from the owner... all apologetic, please give me the name of your installer soze I kin make him unnerstan how sorry we are 'bout all this... blah X 3.

Nobody told me how they planned on keeping this from happening again, but boy do they have the apology-machine dialed in...

I told the P/S Manager that all his emps know the score of last night's game, but have no idea how many customer complaints they had last year with the BBB... silence

Rant over!
Old 05-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #5

The store may be in Mississippi, but the workers must be from Tennessee.

"Former Mississippi Resident"
salivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by salivan
The store may be in Mississippi, but the workers must be from Tennessee.

"Former Mississippi Resident"
Ha, you can fill-in-the-blank on which state this happens... it's a national epidemic