Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2017, 07:11 PM   #1

Power window and door lock kits

Happy New Year
Anyone have any good recommendations for power window power door lock kits? In 2002 i installed both in my 2wd van, still working fine. But i have no idea what kit or where i bought it. I guess its just a old guy thing.
The new van is a 2012.

Langan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:42 AM   #2

Sorry two posts that say same thing
Langan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
MSD

Garage
Here's your power window kit...

https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2...ct_Code=FD46-K
I'll see if I can find a door lock kit.

Personally I've been considering hitting up the Junk yard for this but I read on here some where that it's hard to do but can't remember what the exact issues were.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:59 AM   #4
MSD

Garage
Here is there door lock kits which will probably work https://www.a1electric.com/catalog/cat_key.htm
Cheers
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:34 AM   #5

Check out post #33 here.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:41 PM   #6
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
I've done this myself, found parts and wiring harness bits in scrap yards. For me the biggest issue would have been going from no PDL's or PW's and finding the correct door panels. Luck was with me in that I was simply transferring both systems from a sold van to a keeper, door panels included. This transfer included the entire wiring harness inside the door, found the mating ends in the scrap yard and supplied my own interconnecting wires.

I did rely on an EVTM from the donor van's year to make sure things were wired correctly.

A 12 VDC power supply was needed so I installed a buss fused but active at all times---this worked great for the PW's since they're usable without turning the ignition switch to "run".

FWIW and YMMV this A1 AutoElectric outfit is someone I'd be very skeptical dealing with. I ordered a set of their power actuated dead bolt locks, what arrived was not what was shown at the time, a parts missing. Their replies were to the effect I didn't need them anyway, they had no replacements and I'd have to make do with what was sent. (They have since modified their website to show what I received which still hits me as a bit underhanded and after-the-fact.) Finding the same damn thing from a seller in the UK sent to me free for about the same US dollars and receiving what was pictured makes those locks just plain awesome.

Anyway if I can lend any more info I'd be glad to do so---PM me if you're impatient!

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote