Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #11

stopped by suburban propane and they pulled the adapter and reapplied tape and pipe dope, filled my tank and everything is working great. thanks for all the helpful suggestions all.

rean1mator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:16 PM   #12
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Mine was needing it too...so I went to one of our local 'big' RV places and and they were a month out. They suggested one of our LP dealers and he worked me in, then filled my tank! He charged me an hour's work and part....
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:44 AM   #13

the place i used suburban propane, didn't even charge me. it was like a 10 minute job at the most.

was planning on just doing it myself after i got my propane filled but they just fixed for me.

super easy job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
Mine was needing it too...so I went to one of our local 'big' RV places and and they were a month out. They suggested one of our LP dealers and he worked me in, then filled my tank! He charged me an hour's work and part....
rean1mator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rean1mator View Post
the place i used suburban propane, didn't even charge me. it was like a 10 minute job at the most.
I have always found Suburban to be very reasonable for parts and repairs. I think that since they sell propane, they want as many consumers as possible able to buy more. I also assume it's why they manufacture heaters. It's kinda like a gas station fixing your car for free so you buy more gas I approve of their business model.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:19 AM   #15

We experienced the same symptoms, a whiff of gas when the valve was turned on. It turns out that it was a failing valve stem seal. It completely failed while camping at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We completed the trip without gas appliances. Our local Propane Supply outfit was able to replace the valve after draining the tank.
jim2901 is offline   Reply With Quote