Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #1

Proud new owner of 2004 RB50 Quigley 4x4 Diesel!

Hey all,
After many years of dipping the toe in the proverbial Sportsmobile water and visiting the forum I decided to take the plunge and in December I bought Ridintall’s 2004 RB50 Quigley 4x4 6.0 Diesel!

(viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9493)

As in many things, your first experience can set the future tone and I feel lucky that I had the opportunity to start my SMB experience with Ridintall and his gal. Due to a small wire transfer glitch that was no one’s fault, they graciously offered to put me up overnight and fed me some of the best venison and elk I have ever had. The extra time with them was welcomed as I was hitting a saturation point with all of the info that surrounds a first purchase of a custom SMB. We covered what we could in that 24 hour period and Ridintall eased my worry about absorbing everything by offering up a “Brain Dump” in the future which was appreciated. To say that Ridintall loved this SMB would be an understatement. From the Blackstone engine oil analysis history to the newly replaced PH under warranty and many other things too numerous to mention here, his passion for the vehicle was evident. I’m sure he will be even more passionate about his new SMB once it’s completed and for its future family missions. As we drove in separate vehicles towards the interstate I noticed him taking a couple of pics with his phone from behind me from the side view mirror. Not surprising as he had told me that he had never driven behind his SMB as it had never been driven without him in the vehicle. Even though I now own this SMB, I will always remember whose creation this SMB started as and have told him he is always welcome and I look forward to hanging with them in the future.

For now, trying to sip from the fire hose, learn about the vehicle and determine what changes if any I might make to more fit its new owner’s mission. Some things in its future is satellite internet Look forward to spending some more quality hours on the forum and meeting up with you all……somewhere.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #2

Re: Proud new owner of 2004 RB50 Quigley 4x4 Diesel!

...and spending some more quality $$$$ Congrats and jump on in
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #3

It looks brand new. I like the tile floor cover. Looks like you're sure to be enjoying your new ride for quite some time to come.
joey2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #4

Big congrats! Was this van in Phoenix over the holidays? I saw similar on northbound i51.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage

Glad you found a great vehicle. Time to explore and enjoy. Maybe see ya out there.
So what do you plan to add? I've found it never ends

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #6

Proud new owner of 2004 RB50 Quigley 4x4 Diesel!

Welcome and congrats. Now open that wallet wide open.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #7

Thanks for the good wishes. This thing is a beast but rides like a dream. Wife likes riding in it better than my YukonXL.

The SMB was tucked away in its new home in Missouri over the holidays while I went back to work to make some jack for the wish list. Objective is to set up so I can spend large amounts of time on the road. I can work via the net so that is a high priority. Would like to get used to the SMB for a while in North America / Alaska / Canada and then on to Argentina. Wouldn't mind doing South America convoy style with some other SMBrs. Well, here we go.... it begins....KA CHING

- Dynamat for the cab, firewall and doghouse (I plan on doing this)
- Kenwood DNX-9990HD to existing amp / speakers /flip down LCD with SiriusXM tuner, solid state 1TB hardrive, 6' iPod/iPhone cable
- Cell signal booster antenna

Future plans include:
- Flat plate system
- Sat Internet (need so can work from ....?)
- Will be designing a PH up, interior portable shower that can be set up in front of galley. Not interested in ext showers. I figure if truck is running for flat plate, might as well have warmth when done!
- Small Micro
- Pantry / Table

Also starting to develop pack list (tools, gear, safety, etc.) Any suggestions on MUST haves?