Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2011, 11:55 PM   #11

Re: Quigley Chevy conversion

Rules from Homebuild, apply here as well:

Quote:
Please do not use this section, or any part of this site to publicly post or request information for the purposes of copying any manufacturers’ designs for the purpose of duplication.

Sorry if it sounded like I want to copy the manufacturers. I have a good idea in the direction I need to go in order to make my 4x4 setup work, I just wanted to compare my thoughts. Im very conifident on the parts I need (4l80e with manual T case, dana 60 from 80s to early 90s Ford, custom drive shaft, sway bar and link, etc) but there are 2 ways in making this work. One way, I make hangers and use leaf springs along with some other mods, converting it this way I would need to remove the factory coil spring mounts that are part of the engine crossmember or opption 2 is to use the the factory coil spring mounts and turn the front end into a 5 link setup, but going this route will a need a dana 60 from a late 70s ford(because the diff is closer to the center of the truck and has more room between the diff and spindle).? These are the issues I started running into while piecing together my 4x4 convertion, and wanted help from this site.

Agian sorry, I did not intend to break any rules on thie site. This is a great site with a lot of great info. And sorry for any mis spelled words, Spelling is not one of my stong points.

Luke928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
I *think* it was around '06 when the IFS setup first appeared. Before that it was only solid axle.

This is an '06 Chevy van with Solid Axle and coil springs:

It's a Ford Dana 60 front axle, with Quigley trailing arms. Newer Chevy Quigleys are all IFS. The was some overlap where both was available. I seem to think at one point the Chevy Quigleys had leaf springs, but I'm not 100% sure it was a actually a Quigley I was looking at.

on-edit. I found some info that in '99 Quigley used 56" double tapered leaf springs for the Chevy vans. I do not know when Quigley went from leaf to coils on the Chevy vans. A call to Quigley can probably find you the transition point.

Quigley IFS first appeared in 2002. I Just bought one.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #13

Quigley's first generation IFS system (2002 only) used parts from a 1998 K2500 or K3500 truck depending on van. Or atleast thats what the ball joints are. Got to figure that out over the weekend as I had the lower ball joints replaced.