Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #1

Rear dinette height measurement?

I'm about to build a new floorplan with a rear dinette/bed. For those of you who have this in a Ford, can you give me the height of the seat bases on each side? I have the rest of my measurements worked out but am planning what I can store underneath. I know I will be adding 2-3" in hight for the foam cushions, I just need the wood box height.
Thanks

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Rear dinette height measurement?

You might check w/SMB to see how much space is yours. We thought we could store stuff under our RB gaucho but that's where the H2O & inverter went.

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #3

Thanks, no problem there. It's a home build and I'm not thinking anything but storage is going back there. My batteries are going underneath and furnace is forward. What I'm mostly wondering is it I'll be able to fit a cooler in the middle underneath, even if the table is dropped down in bed mode.
Anyone able to give me that measurement?

thanks
Old 07-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #4

My SMB dinette is a little different than that. The table does not make into part of the bed.

13" to the bottom of the cushion, 18" to the top

The lower cushion pulls forward, and the backrest drops in behind it to make the complete bed when both sides are done. The sidewalls are recessed to make more room for head and feet. I'm 5'10" and it is marginal.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #5

Mike, Thanks a lot! That's exactly what I was looking for. I like SMBs design there too, probably better than a drop tabletop since that makes for a tiny table. I plan to build a table I can use up front or in the back (or not at all), but I want it bigger than what would fit down there anyway.
Also, my rear dinette/bed will only ever be for one of the kids, so I'm not going to spend a lot of time trying to recess it in to the walls. They can just sleep at an angle, or go pitch a tent!

I appreciate the pics
eric
Old 07-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #6

I have the double dinette that folds down to about a double bed. I'll try to get some measurements for you tomorrow. I think it has about 11-12" underneath from the floor to the bottom of the cushion.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote