Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #1

Rugged Ridge Fender Flares

Does anyone know if these flares fit a standard E-350 7.3L super duty? None of these dealers can help me and all I can find are the ones for the F-350. Here is a link for reference. I really like the look if you know of other fenders that are similar. Thanks!

http://4wheelonline.com/Rugged_Ridge_Fe ... 600.626798

dudewithvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #2

Re: Rugged Ridge Fender Flares

Looks like everyone has been using the bushwackers. The bushwacker site says it has them for econolines.

I've had good luck with rugged ridge stuff on my wrangler so I'd be willing to try them on my 2000 e250 for sure.

I definitely need some fender flares and it'd be great if we could find them for less than the Bushwackers.
smshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #3

Thanks smsheild. I really like the bolt-on look of the rugged ridge fenders. The bushwackers are nice, but not the look I want. Not sure what to do
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #4

My dad has an '01 F350 superduty. I could make a template of his fenders and see how they compare I guess.

Every time he rolls up with that big ass diesel 7.3 it gives my 5.4 gasser e250 an inferiority complex. Even with mine being a club wagon his truck is still longer because it's crew cab plus ranch hand bumpers on either end. Wears me out lol.
smshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #5

F-series fenders are slightly larger, and also round, where the vans are cropped squarish at the top. ATS initially sent me an F-series set by mistake. I didn't notice they were wrong until I went to mock them up.

The accent lines on the F-series and E-series actually match up perfect as far as spacing goes. But the accents are a slightly different profile. My dually fenders stick out far enough you can't see the original body. But sticking flares directly on the body would probably require some trimming of the body work.

Here's a good pic to show how close the body lines are. But they still aren't quite the same.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #6

cool project! Thanks for the photo. It's pretty obvious now