Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #1

Selling my van, question about pricing

Well[photo][/photo]it looks like I will be selling my van soon. If my pics downloaded properly you can see that it has just about everything possible on it,mans I am not sure how to price it. 2012 SMB Fresno build, <50k on the gas V10. On board generator, solar and more. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx!

YelapaPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Selling my van, question about pricing

Maybe a little more info might help. Looks very nice from the outside.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #3

Great looking van. I would like to bring my van up to your specs. I have a 2011 RB 2wd that I bought with 5k miles earlier this year. The prior owner had the penthouse top installed along with insulated walls and electric hook up. I bought the van for the low miles and a clean slate I could build up how I wanted. I paid 18k for the van and shipped it to SMB Texas. They put in an interior similar to a VW westyweekender. Closet, bed, door storage, Loncoin flooring, extra window w screen, bushwhacker flares, ladder and roof rack tracks. I want to add some wheels like yours and maybe some better fenders for mt bike storage. Also wouldn't mind a heating system. I am into the van for around 30k. It looks like it would take another 20k easy to get my rig up to your specs. Did you have SMB do it all at once for you or did you build it in stages as I am doing?
Bikemanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #4

Thx for the compliments on my van. I ordered it thru SMB Fresno with the 4X4 and penthouse top and after living in the van for a while and getting tired of having to charge my house battery every morning, I decided to add a solar panel. With the added weight of that plus a rack & pod on top I then decided to convert the penthouse top to electric. The Rigid Industries 50" LED light bar just happened to fit perfectly on the front of the Aluminess rack, and of course I had to add more led's all the way around. It was then that I also added the Aluminess front and rear bumpers, grill guard, large Deluxe Box, swing-away spare tire carrier, ladder, and Trojan Expedition Kit. Inow i really enjoy waking up to my battery already charging from the sun, as well as the extra storage in the bumpers and box. The rack is also nice for boxes of firewood, etc. and I have been known to stand up there to take a photo or two. Cost wise it would have been a pretty big pill to swallow had I ordered the van with everything on it, so adding all that stuff after the initial build seemed to soften the blow some. And when I sell it, whoever buys it will be getting a van that won't need a thing added to it.
YelapaPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #5

Garage

Rough math, total invested minus 20%.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #6

Do you have pics of the inside?
Bestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #7

Did you come up with a price yet?
Old 12-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #8
Site Team

Garage

What is the inside build, a 50?

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:33 AM   #9
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb

Don't let anybody BS you my man! NO MORE ECONOLINES EVER !!! THe re-sale value of all of our Ford SMB's went way up this year, and should continue to stay steady if not uptick for the next few years. As folks agonized whether to order/invest, looking over the order sheets, and forums, and dreaming...(like I did and probably many other buyers) but many of them (now) realized that they waited too long to buy, or we're in for a rude awakening as they 'finally' went to put an order in, let alone the folks that are just now seeing our rigs and wanting one themselves who didn't have a Ford van (facts figures etc…)on their radar…you see what I am getting at? That 'want of a SMB' isn't going to go away anytime soon…as most all of us can admit we are HOOKEDaren't we? They are AWESOME rigs that are quite unique and rare(relatively)…be proud, start high and maybe at close to orig. cost if it is mint …you can always go down and there is always the "or make offer". Good luck!!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote