Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #1

Service in Boulder, CO

Does anyone have a recommendation on who to use for diesel service in the Boulder, CO area. Also, any suggestions on who to use to replace the solar batteries here in Boulder? Thanks.

silvett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Re: Service in Boulder, CO

Hey, I've seen a few other SMB's driving around town lately. For general maintenance, I take my 7.3 to pellmans off of east pearl, haven't really needed to go anywhere else, except exhaust, for that its right around the corner, jeff at boulder muffler. Someone else asked for a shop in the area a few months back, I sent them their too, had a good experience. Do a search on the forum for the update. Pellmans has a diesel tech, and are a solid shop that know thier stuff, do good work for a fair price. Depends on what you are looking to have done, they can steer you in the right direction for most other work that they can't do. See you around.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

I got my lifeline 4D replacement from these guys. They have full line or can get it if not in. I assume they are still around since still on distributors list on lifeline page.

http://www.lifelinebatteries.com/distri ... php?id=567

Or nolans RV on federal for other brands, i think they carry deka.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #4

TSC Plus in Englewood is the place to go for diesel service. I just had them do the full bulletproof regime on my 2005 6.0 SMB. Have put over 2000 miles on the vehicle in the last two weeks and it's running great; good temps., rapid cool down, and no codes! Talk to Wayne. 303-781-2781. He lives and breathes Ford diesels and takes the time to explain everything.

I live just outside of Boulder. It's kind of a haul down there but, after lots of research, all roads tended to point me in that direction. I used Pellman's for the basics a couple of months ago. They were OK for that, although my HID lights are acting up again (they got them working when I brought the Sporto in back in February) so I need to knock on their door to see what's going on when I'm back in town.

PM me for any additional questions.

REF- thanks for the battery info. I'm almost dues for a replacement.

BTW, we're in northern New Mexico now. The weather is amazing, the camping is great and no one's down here! Supposed to be 80 in Santa Fe today. Off to the Dale Ball trails for a little hike and bike.
mtnrafter is offline   Reply With Quote