Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #1

Shop Manual

I will be taking delivery of our new Sportsmobile next week and this will be my first Ford vehicle in a long time and my first diesel. Our van is an 08 and I won't have to work on it for a while because of the warranty but I still would like to have a service manual with me just incase I am off the beaten path and have a breakdown.

I have searched online for a Ford shop manual but have not been able to find anything. I would love to hear what people are using as a reference when service thier vans.

Thanks
John

Old 06-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #2

I went on eBay and got both a CD version and the three volume hard bound set.
It's the cheapest place I've found for them. There's also usually an address in the back of your owners manual where you can order them - but at a higher price.
I don't plan on using them either, but nice to have the info when you might need it.
Have fun with the new rig!!

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #3

Re: Shop Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by John & Dana
Our van is an 08 and I won't have to work on it for a while because of the warranty but...

While maybe not warranty work, but I guarentee you will have plenty to work on. Seems like any weekend that I am not out on the road, something needs fixing, adjusting, improving, etc. Thats half the fun of ownership. Make sure you take notes on delivery day! There will be a test on how to fill up and drain the water system in two weeks. Have fun with your new toy!
charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #4

Scatter,

I am glad to hear that it is available, even though my local Ford dealer told me they don't sell the service manuals to the public. I purchased the factory manual for my Jeep when it was new and it is much more detailed than either the Chiltons or Haynes books.

Charlie,

I am excited not only to use our new Sportmobile but also to start tinkering with it. Thanks to this forum, I alrady have a list of things I wan't to improve.

Thanks for the info.

John
Old 06-21-2008, 01:22 AM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to jlrray Send a message via AIM to jlrray Send a message via MSN to jlrray Send a message via Yahoo to jlrray
What is the company name that sells them? I'm looking for one for a 2004 Ford

Joe
jlrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #6

I'm pretty sure I bought my 2004 E-series service manuals from a local Ford dealer. I think they had to order them, and they cost over $100. (But that's better than the $500 the Toyota dealer wanted recently for Prius service manuals!)

For my 2004, I have a 2-volume "E-Series 2004 Workshop Manual" and a big binder called "Gas Engines Only Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnostics".

Inside, it says:

Quote:
PUBLICATIONS ORDERING INFORMATION

To obtain information about ordering additional copies of this publication or to order any other Ford or Lincoln/Mercury publications, call 1-800-782-4356. Available publications include Workshop Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, PC/ED Manuals and Owner Guides.

In addition, a publications order form can be obtained by writing to: Ford Publications, c/o Helm Inc., P.O. Box 07150, Detroit, MI 48207.
-- Geoff