Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2016, 09:26 PM   #1

Shop4seats sofa bed question

I was looking into the duchess sofa bed offered by shop4seats and adding it along the driver side wall just behind the driver seat. Just curious as to how easy an install, how comfortable of a sleep it is, and how much room it takes up when in the seated position. Has anyone had any experience with any of these beds or any diy type sofa bed installers out there? I wanted to be able to seat 3-4 people in addition on the back and also have the bed all in one. I talked to smb about their gaucho bed which is also a possibility. I might be leaning towards that option except for the 15 hour trek to get there for me. (Oh and then the 15hr trek back)

Gh0ztkid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:54 PM   #2

i am in the same exact spot. Ive looked at that sofa bed but I too would like to see one mounted in a van to see how much space it takes up.
TexasFordFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:06 PM   #3

Has anyone installed one in their van at all? Any input on shop4seats sofa beds?
Old 09-14-2016, 07:39 PM   #4

Just wondering if anyone has yet to try any of the shop4seats beds? I contacted smb north and they will only make a 42" gaucho bed. I wanted something around 48" minimum. I've heard that other sportsmobile locations can make the gaucho bed up to 48" wide so I'm not sure why north can't/wont
Old 11-01-2016, 11:41 PM   #5

Bring it to the top. Still researching. Have used the search key on this form with no success on this topic. Still wondering about the shop4seats sofa bed
Old 11-23-2016, 06:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFordFreak View Post
i am in the same exact spot. Ive looked at that sofa bed but I too would like to see one mounted in a van to see how much space it takes up.

If you end up finding one/seeing one in person could you take pics and post them? I will do the same IF I EVER FIND SOMEONE WITH ONE
Old 11-23-2016, 11:26 PM   #7

I have one as do a couple folks here. I just got it and have yet to finish the install, but I had it unfolded and it's nice. I got a 54 wide. It's a little taller than optimum, about 18 in height. I haven't slept on it yet. It's 46 deep when folded out and i have a 30" extend a bed behind it. First impression was good, but I will want a mattress topper on it. I'll get picks when I can.

Mine will sit on thick aluminum top plates that match the height of my floor. It has 4 bolt in brackets and I made backer plates that span to the cross members. I am using 1/2" grade 8 bolts. It's not a difficult install.

They don't keep anything on hand at the factory, but I did get to sit in a couple seats. Everything was nice quality. I am pleased with it.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
I have one as do a couple folks here. I just got it and have yet to finish the install, but I had it unfolded and it's nice. I got a 54 wide. It's a little taller than optimum, about 18 in height. I haven't slept on it yet. It's 46 deep when folded out and i have a 30" extend a bed behind it. First impression was good, but I will want a mattress topper on it. I'll get picks when I can.

Mine will sit on thick aluminum top plates that match the height of my floor. It has 4 bolt in brackets and I made backer plates that span to the cross members. I am using 1/2" grade 8 bolts. It's not a difficult install.

They don't keep anything on hand at the factory, but I did get to sit in a couple seats. Everything was nice quality. I am pleased with it.
Thank you I would appreciate that. Also thanks for the info. I'm looking to get out about 76" long by 46/48" wide if possible to put along the drivers side of the van. Hopefully that would work out. Is the build quality nice on it?
Old 07-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #9

Still have yet to make my decision on a gaucho bed. Sportsmobile is "too busy" to make a gaucho bed for my van so I'm looking at other options. I would like a gaucho type bed along my driver side wall at about 76" long and opening to as close to 48" as possible. What does everyone recommend I do?
Old 04-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post

Hello,
I know this s an old thread but I am interested in the Dutchess or Qualitex Prestige Sofa Bed. Both say that they are 52” deep when layed down but that doesn’t jive with what they sent you. I called to ask for more information but they could only state what was on the site. I wrote them an email to see if I could get further information on dimensions. I was also looking to see what the seat looks like from the back. Is there any hardware bolted to the backrest on the outside or is it all internal?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jim
sailincoot is offline   Reply With Quote