Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #1

Skreenz

Got our Sprotsmobile on order (hooray!!!) and have been trying to find some info about the company Skreenz, and their website seems to be down. Are they still in business? Anyone else make such a product? Want some front window screens. Saw the Skeeter Beater and don't like the magnet only concept. Any and all help appreciated.

garmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #2

Re: Skreenz

I had Skreenz made for our YukonXL front door windows a couple years back and really like 'em. They are made like an envelope so they slide down over the door/windowframe giving you two layers of screen. I talked to the owner about SMB Skreenz approx. 10 months ago and they seemed to be very busy at that time, leading me to think that they are still in business... product is pretty expensive for material costs. I didn't buy on the SMB yet, but will eventually. They are based in Marshall, NC if that helps.
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #3

Just called up the owner, Chuck Blethen 828-606-3130. He said they're server took a lightning strike and is SMOKED! He said either call the above # and do an old fashioned call/send check, or wait 48 hours and see if their system comes back up. They've been in bidness for 28 years and not about to quit.

Now, I'm thinkin' 'bout me some SMB Skreenz dang it.
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #4

I loved my skreenz but when I called him to do new ones to fit the tow mirrors he didn't follow...I was sure someone had had them done, but he wanted my skreenz back to guesstimate-cut a new hole and claimed not to have the pattern for tow-mirrors, so couldn't make me a new set.

I don't like arguing with people about what they will or won't sell me, so instead I just hacked them up myself, which turned out badly but still seems like a better course then him blindly guessing at the fit. Really it's something he should have as a standard option, and if he did I don't know why he wouldn't just sell me some and let me pass on the original ones.

Ah well.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #5

Thanks a bunch, Really appreciate the quick reply and the info.
garmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
Site Team

Website is back up at http://www.skreenz.com/
Old 05-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #7

As others have done here before, I made my own Skreenz. All is takes is a sewing machine and some nylon screen material. Sews like a dream. Actually while I was at it I also made a screen house for when the awning is up and a screen door for the side doors for those times when we don't want the full screen room. Give it a try.
oldbernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
I loved my skreenz but when I called him to do new ones to fit the tow mirrors he didn't follow...I was sure someone had had them done, but he wanted my skreenz back to guesstimate-cut a new hole and claimed not to have the pattern for tow-mirrors, so couldn't make me a new set.

I don't like arguing with people about what they will or won't sell me, so instead I just hacked them up myself, which turned out badly but still seems like a better course then him blindly guessing at the fit. Really it's something he should have as a standard option, and if he did I don't know why he wouldn't just sell me some and let me pass on the original ones.

Ah well.
I had ones that fit the tow mirrors. When I first set up the group buy, he wasn't sure they would fit, and they didn't. But I marked them up, and sent them back, and he either modified them or made new ones to fit. I would have thought he would have kept the "pattern".

It could be he just made a one-off, since I set up the group buy. The Skreenz went with the SMB when I sold it.

Herb
Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #9

Skreenz are excellent and so is the customer service!

I had a pair for my Honda Element that I used once or twice before we got the van. I called and he swapped them out for nothing but the shipping for a new set.

Very good quality also (though, not rain-proof as I have found out twice). It is actually hard to see if your window is up or down when the Skreenz are on so I always forget to close the windows when weather shows up.
E277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #10

Bump for a nice product. I owned mine for over a year before I needed them but when I did I was very impressed with how well they fit, how easy they are to use, how we'll they sealed and how strong they are. They literally saved a trip for me when it got unexpectingly hot near a bug infested lake.
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote