Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #11

http://www.cleveland.com/autoinsight/pl ... xml&coll=2

FWIW:

quoted from above:

Other improvements include a revised steering system, improved front and rear suspensions, and all-new more durable brakes to improve driving dynamics - specifically maneuverability and ride - for van customers who battle urban streets daily. Passenger wagons that routinely carry up to 15 passengers feature all-new rear seats that, combined with the improved ride, make for more pleasant road trips.

The Ford-exclusive AdvanceTrac with RSC (roll stability control) has been added as a standard safety feature on 2008 Ford E-350 passenger wagons with the 5.4-liter V-8. An engine-only traction control system is now available on all other models.

To help protect cargo, Ford is introducing a segment-exclusive E-Guard Cargo Protection System - an optional double-lock design that requires that the vehicle key be used to unlock the side and rear doors. All vans and wagons also come standard with a steel reinforced rear license plate bracket for added security.

Ford E-Series vans are used for a broad range of work, including transportation of large groups in passenger vans, goods and services deliveries in cargo vans (or wagons) and more specialized applications such as ambulances that are built from cutaway models. The common denominator is that each of these customers relies on their van's durability to conduct business, transport large groups or even save lives.

Ford's E-Series lineup is building on 28 straight years of leadership as sales are up eight percent in 2007, accounting for more than half of the full-size van market after taking 50 percent of the 350,000-van market in 2006. The dominant figures include about 65 percent share of the cutaway segment, including more than 90 percent of the ambulance business in this category. Ford will re-introduce the 6.0-liter Powerstroke diesel engine - a more fuel-efficient choice for ambulances that are constantly idling on standby - to the full-size van lineup a few months after the 2008 E-Series launch.

Polk certified the 250,000-mile durability claim for Ford by tracing odometer readings recorded during maintenance stops of all operable vans. Ford kicked off the research last year confident that there were more E-Series vans on the road with 250,000 miles or more than any other full-size van. But, Ford engineers and marketers also learned that there are more than quadruple the number of these high-mileage E-Series than the next best van.

Source: Ford Motor Company

Old 08-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #12

Garage
The steel reinforced rear license plate bracket for added security makes it worth waiting for.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #13

I agree that a used one would be just fine, but I havent found anything that I like yet and when I did I wasn't looking to buy just checking them out. The one place I seem to find them are on SMB's web site so it there are other place to look for used, let me know. It seems that most of them aren't much cheaper than buyin new. Still leaning towards an 08, I think the front end looks tough and fresh, I love the look of the 08 super dudy.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #14
Site Team

I found ours on either Cars.com or AutoTrader.com. I think it was the first one but I'm not sure anymore.

Herb