Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #1

SMB Service - Denver Metro

Just sharing an experience with addressing some small issue with my SMB... Heater was acting up... took it to camping world.. I was told $79.00 to diagnose the heater since they had to pull it out.. OK seemed fair... Next morning I get a call that it will be another $190 to pull out the heater... Needless to say, I was not happy, had some choice words with the management and picked up my SMB. I called a Mobile RV service (P&L Mobile RV) to come take a look. Paul was super nice and we worked through the issue on a SUnday Morning... Turned out to be a loose wire and worked like a charm after going through it. He was very helpful and a great guy. $75 and it was fixed (along with some other minor things) Thanks!

Camping world would have been nearly $300 just to tell me what was wrong.

Paul did suggest that cutting an access panel in the rear panel of the heater would allow it to be serviced in its current location and would not have to be pulled (saving 3 hrs of labor). I thought that was a good idea.

Happy to pass his number along if anyone needs.

Also been getting replacement parts through 4 Wheel Parts (here in Denver)... They have a good file going on the SMB there now... Quigley has bee helpful with part matches.

COJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #2

Re: SMB Service - Denver Metro

Please PM it to me for future reference!