Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #11

Re: Sportsmobile / Class B size regrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAl
I have been dreaming / planing a Sprinter RV for a while now.

My wife has concerns. We will be traveling with 4 dogs.

Any regrets on your size size decision?
I have a SMB Sprinter a wife and one 35 lb dog and we love the rig. I guess it really comes down to how large your dogs are and will they all get along in that size space.

bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #12

No dogs, and usually just me in The Van. But a consideration for the size of any vehicle for me was versatility.

I don't regret having a "regular" size van (I have the RB 50) because I can drive it anywhere. From very tight trails to the narrow one way streets of Cities and towns along the way. I often see folks in their mid size Runamuka's trying to navigate the streets of downtown Seattle in the summertime, and just have to shake my head. Doesn't look like any fun.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #13

I have an EB50 and I have to say what I have found to be necessary is to make sure the floor space is completely clear when camping. When traveling from here to there and running errands its no big deal. But when trying to camp every square foot of floor space matters.
I think it really boils down to how you camp. If your a person, couple or family that stops, parks the rig and spends your days inside watching TV, playing on a device of some sort and really never experiences the places you visit. Than I would have to say a SMB is probably not the best fit. If your someone/family that eats breakfast and decides what the days adventure is going to be and heads out than maybe it is.
Our family typically spends as much time outside as possible. We use our camper for a warm, dry place to sleep, make a pot of coffee. I do miss the space of our trailer with slide when the weather is not the best for outside time.
bshillam is offline   Reply With Quote