Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
Sam

Sportsmobile Visit

Well, since it appears that nobody back east has an RB50 that I can view, I've decided to fly out to Fresno to visit the factory during my vacation next month if possible.
What I am looking for now is suggestions on what to look for/at, the time SMB will spend with you, etc. I've talked to Greg twice & he seems like a very nice guy & I look forward to meeting him.

So, any suggestions from those of you that have been out there would be greatly appreciative! Since so many of you have posted pictures on the forum site, I will be taking a camera with me. The biggest thing for me is time. Will they spend several hours with you, a day or what? That way I'll know whether to spend the night or catch the red-eye back home.

Thanks!

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #2

Garage
Greg is a great guy, and always takes the time required to make sure the customer is informed. Just call him and ask him what time he can put aside for you. We can't tell you that here!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
Sam

Greg is a great guy, and always takes the time required to make sure the customer is informed. Just call him and ask him what time he can put aside for you. We can't tell you that here!

Jeffrey: Thanks! What I meant was do they spend an hour, several hours, etc. I know a lot of you have been out there for visits & to see your own building process. That is what I meant by time. For me, it's a long way to go if they only have an hour to spend with you. Greg told me during the course of conversation to let them know a head of time when I wanted to come for a visit & that is exactly what I would do.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:16 PM   #4

Last month I arrived in Fresno at noon. John K stayed with me till the lights went out at 5:45. I think they will give you all the time you need.

... Charlie
charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:39 PM   #5

If I were you, since you're going so far, I'd plan a van from their website and then when you go you'll already have a lot of ideas to be reinforced or deconstructed. You know you can also see the 50 package in Huntington Indiana, just doubtful you'll find a 4x4 there.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:27 PM   #6

Sam - we had no idea what to expect when we went to Fresno to design and order our van. However, I do know that we spent at least four hours with Greg going over everything, and our's was a relatively simple customization. This does not include the countless hours on the phone and email afterwards with changes to the plans. You will be in great hands with Greg.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33
My wife and I went up to Fresno on our way home from a vacation up north. We just wanted to see an SMB in person and did not expect to be seen by any sales associate. When we got there , the nice ladies up-front, wrangled up Greg (without an appoinment). He ended up spending almost 3 hours with us and gave us a factory tour, eventhough we were not ready to start an SMB!

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:10 AM   #8
AEJ

Sam,

Greg was my salesman and he will spend as much time as you need if you arrange it in advance.

I have a 2006 EB50, Quigley 4x4 w/some add ons, v10 and am in RI. You're certainly welcome to take a look if you're in this area. I love my van, which I took delivery of in Sept. 06. I have 24M miles accumulated over 2 cross country trips this past year. I have been to SMB West on 2 occasions since I purchased my van in order to have options added and they are very easy to deal with. ( It's nice to have service in CA when it's 5 degress and snowing in RI!)

Alan
Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #9
Sam

Thanks for all of the info! I'll get in contact with Greg & see what we can work out. If this works out, I'll be sure to post something incase someone needs some pics, etc.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:58 AM   #10

SMB factory visit: Huntington, Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Thanks for all of the info! I'll get in contact with Greg & see what we can work out. If this works out, I'll be sure to post something incase someone needs some pics, etc.

Sam;
I gotta' tell ya', that I spent countless hours on the phone and E-Mails over two [2] years dealing with Nancy Nix @ SMB Huntington.
What great people to work with.
I never set foot is SMB until I went to pick mine up, but it was done exactly as I wanted.
I'm one happy camper.
We've been back there three times for minor warranty repairs and been treated as if we were their only customer.
Same in Texas!
We haven't been to Fresno as yet, but expect the same good treatment there too.
6.0L PSTD
Torqueshift
Voyager Roof
:q6:
kenkillsr is offline   Reply With Quote