Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #1

STOLEN out of BERKELEY- 95 e350 Sportsmobile 4x4 Champagne

I've posted this on craigslist but thought I'd post it here as well?...My ford econoline 350 4x4 sportsmobile was stolen last night on grizzly peak blvd. Berkeley, champagne color, white pop-top roof, black rims, front bumper with warn winch, long story short you can't miss this thing, anyone who has seen it or has any knowledge of it, I will offer a hefty reward to any info leading to it being recovered...yes the van is somewhat replaceable but its a number of small personal items that were inside which are worthless to anyone else but are irreplaceable & priceless to me, i.e. my good luck charm which I've had for the last 25 years...if anyone can help, I'd be eternally grateful, cheers-Clate 415-867-1050

clate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: STOLEN out of BERKELEY- 95 e350 Sportsmobile 4x4 Champag

Sorry to hear about this. Usually the smarter thieves will haul ass to part it out. Hopefully some dumb kids took it for a joy ride and will dump it off somewhere once they're done with it. Post a picture of it if you can. Hope you get it back with no damage.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #3

Thanks Dave, the few recent pics I had of it were on my camera which was one thing of many inside the van, but I have a few older ones taken after purchasing it that I'll post up....normally the rig was parked at my marina in Richmond where there was a much higher chance of theft, a dear friend of mine passed away and I've been taking care of his place in the upscale Berkeley hills where I never imagined it would be stolen from, so yea, I'm shocked, deeply saddened, and dumbfounded by it all

California License Plate : 6LWD773
Old 03-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #4

I live only a couple miles away. I'll keep an eye out.

Try posting on Expedition Portal and Pirate 4x4 as well.

Rob
Old 03-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #5

If you are not familiar with how to use Twitter you might find somebody who is and get the word out that way. It's pretty good way for a lot of people to know something this unique.

You might also start searching craigslist for any components of yours that are unique. If they're trying to sell bumpers, winches, radios, that's where they'll start
Old 03-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #6

Many thanks Rob, maybe its you with the white SMB with rear cargo carrier I've waived to a few times over the years going up Marin Ave.?

Good advice Loren, but personally not into twitter, sadly don't have the largest of social circles and don't know of anyone is, however if yourself or someone you know can help out it would be much appreciated...

Few other small details about my rig, has rear black step bumper with fog lights, white Fiamma awning, and an 'arai' sticker covering the rear ford emblem, with various other small ski & moto decals to the left...
Old 03-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #7

Old photo taken shortly after purchase, both the front & rear bumpers along with the rims are now flat black....
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02121.JPG  
Old 03-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #8

More older photos, again front & rear bumper along with rims now painted flat black...
Attached Thumbnails
Van 029.jpg   Van 017 (800x468).jpg  
Old 03-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by clate
Many thanks Rob, maybe its you with the white SMB with rear cargo carrier I've waived to a few times over the years going up Marin Ave.?
No, not me. Hmm.

Keep an eye on Craigslist. Not sure if you're aware, but there have been a lot of utility truck, construction truck, and such thefts lately. Keep an eye out for info on that, but if so, not good cuz they're often pros.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #10

Been scouring craigslist Rob, whether its for the warn winch, dana axles, or my north face sleeping bag which I had since high school /early 90's, nothing coming up, sadly sensing this has been the work of pro's