Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2019, 03:46 PM   #1

Texas bound

Greetings,
After seeing all the great responses to the question on travel to Alaska, I would love to tap your knowledge of good camping sites along the coast of Texas. I am planning to go down in April to observe bird migration. Will go east as far as High Island.

BikeBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:38 PM   #2
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
DUDE!!! Going there ourselves this next week...Starting at Corpus Christi, Padre Is. Natl. Park...can't take the 'full' 50 mile trek to the end, but you can get 10-15 miles down the beach...then moving east up the coast checking out other spots for a week or so...There is ONE THING you can do to find ALL THE SITES you would EVER need!!! It is the "Ultimate Camping" app. There is a US version and Canada version I think you can get both for $4.99 (we spent it 2x for one of our laptops as well)...it shows options from Natl., State, County, City parks, private campsites, BLM land, and even a few that you would NEVER think of i.e. in Chicago, McCormick (spelling?) Place, by Soldier field, lets you park in their semi-lot...CRAZY... info but so useful. It also lets you customize for walk in/hike in, drive in, BOAT IN, etc...click on a site and the information pops us from long/lat, phone number (if applicable), and even a link in blue to reserve...again if applicable....best app out there (in my opinion) for an SMB traveler!!!

Ps I just got on the app and counted OVER 30 campgrounds along the Texas coast, quite a few labels CP, Municipal City Parks...they don't all show up on the atlas or regular Texas road map...here are a couple pics when we stayed on Mustang Island with our MDX pre-Sportsmobile
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5200.jpg   DSC00210.jpg  
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas