Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #1

Thoughts on 2010 E350 LB with CCV Top

Hello, this is my first post. Ive been lurking for years.
Im coming from a truck camper background and am tired of swapping out the camper for the sled deck in winter. Im looking for a rig that can tow a snowmobile trailer and be somewhat comfortable for 2 men for a night or two in a snowpark. The summer scenario is for my wife and kid. I go fishing in Alaska for 5 months from May to September. We love to rock climb and plan to use a van for trips up to Squamish BC in the summer and fall.

We want a van that we can use as people mover as well. I like the idea of having a queen bed/ bench seat in the back of a LB. Captains chairs in the 2nd and 3rd row also converting the forward driver and passenger seats to swivel. If we are summer camping, we can cook outside. In the winter we can take out the 2nd row and have a simple modular cooking setup on the driver side.

The van I am looking at has a new Ford V10, new radiator and catalyic converter. Also has a rebuilt transmission with 100 miles. Story is the van was a fleet lease. All the problems were resolved within the first year of the owners purchase. All receipts have been provided and story adds up. Basically mechanically new engine and drivetrain.

Considering the CCV Rear Electric Bench Seat Bed setup for $2500 Could get it done before I pick up the van.

Van seats 10 with a bench and 2 rows of captains chairs, has new stereo and backup cam. Seats were reupholstered. CCV High Pop top installed with electric.

Asking Price is 28,500.

Im looking for any commentary on this van. Will it suit my families needs long term? Anything I'm obviously missing? Im in Washington State, Vans in Colorado. Im feeling pretty good about the van but just need a little boost of confidence, or not! Thanks for looking

Here's a link to some images of the rig.

SnowridingLongliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #2

That's a sweet van in a newer format at a very reasonable price if it doesn't have anything scary hidden. What's the mileage? How does Carfax look?

That back bed would be the main thing I would want.

That floor jack and the two quarts of oil would be a concern to me and could be vestiges of prior problems.

I would remove any seats that are not used to create some space.
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #3

Couple of additional considerations which would be negatives for me are manual windows and no cruise control.

Rust in the gutter area shows in a pic, and I would absolutely check under the driver and passenger floor mats for rust.

This is two wheel drive? Pricing seems equal to CCV top at $13k ish plus a van. What else is included that I am missing?
Old 02-03-2019, 12:40 PM   #4

Interior upholstery, captains chairs and stereo are upgrades. Comes with newish snow tires and road tires. Yes vehicle is 2x4. Cant afford to go 4x4 yet. Plan to use as is for a season or 2 while piecing together pull apart components for a conversion.

Thanks for the heads up on the rust under the front floor. I did notice the rust on driver side door.

And good eye on the oil!

I've seen all the receipts for the work done to the vehicle and the guy must have around 34k into the van since purchasing in 2016. Still the repairs aren't really a factor into current value IMO. although a new engine and rebuilt tranny is nice.

100000 original miles.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:54 PM   #5

Garage
I'm always a little cautious...Any idea why the majority of the drive train was replaced with just 100K miles?
Just stumbled across this the other day so thought I would share for you to use as a comparison - No CCV Top, but price is considerably less (in the difference you can almost pay for a new top install)
These are in Florida, and some of his Vans seem to be in exceptional shape with surprisingly low miles
2009 / 11K miles / V-10
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

2009 / less than 9K miles / V-10

2009 / 19k miles / V-10

Just introducing some perspective. Good luck with your hunt.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #6

You're considering a van priced at 28.5k then spending another 2500 for a rear bench/bed. That's 31k plus getting there and back for a 2wd van with nothing other than a ccv pop top and rear bench bed.

For a little bit more, I would consider the red van that "bemerrit" is selling on this forum. It has an agile offroad 4x4 conversion, smb electric pop top, rear bench bed, diesel fueled furnace, aluminess bumpers, etc... Its a 7.3 power stroke which may or may not interest you. But it just seems like a way better deal for not that much more (I think its listed at $37k). Just something to consider.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:43 PM   #7

Thanks for the commentary Twoxentrix and mikracer. Im starting to realize that I could get into a van with out the "history" for a similar cost.My hope was to negotiate to around 25K. One problem is that up here in PNW there is high demand for camper vans and very little inventory. It would mean one less flight for me to find a van with my requirements and avoid buying a van and taking it to CCV. But that seems like a small price to pay considering the investment and the fact that I want to make this the last RV I buy. (yea right)
Old 02-03-2019, 07:56 PM   #8

What is the CCV rear electric bench seat you mentioned? I didn't know they made seats (but am very new to the camper van game and am looking at options right now)
RemingtonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:38 PM   #9

I emailed CCV about a couple things of interest. I saw a 2012 Sportsmobile a couple weeks ago in San Diego with the convertable rear bench seat that turns into a queen bed and asked CCV if they have a comparible product. Indead they do and its DOT compliant. $2500
Old 02-03-2019, 10:41 PM   #10

Oh nice! Thanks for the info I'll have to check it out. I'm finding it hard to find a good bench seat option.
RemingtonM is offline   Reply With Quote