Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #1

Tire Question, insulation, 12v TV and pics

Happy Friday everyone. I have a couple quick questions which should probably be in individual threads but I am going to consolidate because I am lazy

First, was working on wiring up the off road lights the other day and working by the passenger fender I noticed this crack in the tire. Should I be worried about this?

Also, bought a roll of reflectix for adding windshield and front door window insulation but will have leftover and wondering what will be the best bang for my buck on adding to other areas without completely tearing the interior apart. I will go back and search as I know there are a couple threads on insulation projects but wanted to know if there has been any recent updates. Goal is to make the rig as warm as possible but with the least invasive process as winter approaches.

Also wanted to know what feedback people have on the Jensen 12v TVs and mounting used so as to keep the thing as tucked away as possible but still able to swing out easily for viewing. I am thinking a wall or ceiling mount of some kind right behind drivers seat over counter. Wondering what has worked for people and in general if the flat screen is a waste of time/money. Am thinking it could be put to use more in the winter when I might be holed up inside at a ski resort parking lot or boon docked somewhere in bad weather.

Finally, here's a recent pic from a trip to mammoth, where I saw no less than 5 different SMBs on the roads in 48hrs! It's SMB central down there...

Appreciate the feedback!

Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348863177.894608.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348863217.758647.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348864551.451291.jpg  

sierraskier is offline   Reply With Quote