Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2018, 02:30 PM   #1

Tufport Topper questions!

Hi. Pulled the trigger on a 2001 e350 7.3 in Reno, NV! Incredibly excited! Now onto planning my build. It's an EB, and I want to put a high-top on it. I'm 73.5 inches tall, and need to winterize for ski trips. I also want to make it livable full-time and so I want to stand in it. Does anyone have a Tufport van-top? I want to know how the insulation and structure as well as standing height is. Does anyone have any w

With the conversion to Canadian $$$, their sloped 28 inch topper is about 1/2 the price of the 30 inch fiberine (and I'd rather road-trip to BC than So-Cal anyway!)

Thank you! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

maxswasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:17 PM   #2
MSD

Garage
Pretty positive that no one on here has one... at least state side. Before I started making my fixed tops I talked with them extensively (tufport) Insulation is spray foam you’ll need to add more than what the put in. Yes the exchange rate is great but not paying value taxes when you cross over will be tricky. That was my deal breaker & why I did my own top. Good luck ��
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:07 PM   #3

I’ve got one right now sitting on a pallet waiting for install, so I don’t have answers for some of your questions. This is a super nice top, they really do a great job. They have an optional finished liner inside and is super tight, they said insulation is maybe 1/2 inch, you could go no liner and add more insulation and Finnish our the inside yourself? Exchange rate is crazy good for you guys! I doubt taxes would amount to much. They were great to deal with.
The ford van ones don’t have a reverse flange, but the gm’s do.
Wish I could help more.
gnty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:24 AM   #4

I was seriously considering replacing my PH top with the same Tufport model, but have since gotten sidetracked with other projects. I think it's a great looking top that would allow the interior remodel I envisioned. Subscribed as I am really interested to see how this goes for you.

Good luck!

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnty View Post
I’ve got one right now sitting on a pallet waiting for install, so I don’t have answers for some of your questions. This is a super nice top, they really do a great job. They have an optional finished liner inside and is super tight, they said insulation is maybe 1/2 inch, you could go no liner and add more insulation and Finnish our the inside yourself? Exchange rate is crazy good for you guys! I doubt taxes would amount to much. They were great to deal with.
The ford van ones don’t have a reverse flange, but the gm’s do.
Wish I could help more.
Please keep me posted!! I'm interested why they only say 76 inches of standing height for a 28 inch topper when fiberine claims the same standing height for a 24 inch topper. Are you planning on mounting it yourself? Do you have a Ford?
Old 07-31-2018, 02:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxswasser View Post
Please keep me posted!! I'm interested why they only say 76 inches of standing height for a 28 inch topper when fiberine claims the same standing height for a 24 inch topper. Are you planning on mounting it yourself? Do you have a Ford?
No this one is going on a Chev Express RB, we hope to get at it soon. I'm not sure either why they'd say that about the standing room, i'm maybe guessing that they are referring to the middle area as the standing room section which is lower than the rear bed section. I just measured the mid section and its approx 23".
I have a fiberine super camper on my EB Ford, great top no question, just a lot more money.
Ya we will be installing ourselves.
gnty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #7

I have a Tufport on 2003 e350 extended

Hi. I got the Tufport 2 years ago. Great service. Good price. Got the insulated top. I will look up details for you.

Search
2003 E350 EB Canadian Build Eh!
By westymanbc

Cheers

Mike
WestyManBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestyManBC View Post
Hi. I got the Tufport 2 years ago. Great service. Good price. Got the insulated top. I will look up details for you.

Search
2003 E350 EB Canadian Build Eh!
By westymanbc

Cheers

Mike
Awesome. What van did you install it on? I really like their toppers, but I wanted to build the kitchen in the front of the van, but I don't think I'll be able to stand in the front of the van with their topper. If this was a weekend camping rig I don't think I'd care, but I don't want to be hunched over all the time for long-term occupation.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:21 PM   #9

Tufport

Hi - Tufport installed it in my 2003 E350 extended van. There is about 6' 1" height in the front, and 6'4" in the back. I built my kitchen in the front, but I am 5' 9" so no problem standing.

Cheers
WestyManBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:58 PM   #10

We have one here in Montana. We drove up to Delta last year and had them install. It’s a 28” deluxe so with liner and reflectix insulation. It’s really solid and works really well for our setup. Ended up at around 4700 with onstall windows and export paperwork done! Don’t really know why more people don’t have them.
I still have to add some more pic in my album.
Attached Thumbnails
CD6AFECB-1E22-4A13-9816-A97F5C9FA252.jpg   ED28FE92-8E0D-4F9D-A251-068387252AE8.jpg