Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2019, 05:45 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPIERCE View Post
Go to Amazon .80 mil Noico equivalent to Dynamat and 1/4 XCEL marine grade neoprene on top. That’s all you need. Check out the site “sound deadening show room”. They describe application which is significantly important
Well As I stated in my last reply, I already have dynamat and mass loaded vinyl so buying noico or the neoprene doesn’t make much sense at this point. I’d be curious to read about the Instalation but I don’t understand what you mean by “check out the site “sound deadening show room”. I googled that and also typed that on the web address bar and can’t find what you are referring to. What is the actual web address?

Surfvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #32

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.co...-vehicle-quiet
Sorry, my error. I believe he just retired so maybe he took down his site but if you Google similar sound deadening applications you may be able to find videos. I don’t believe Dynamat to be a marine grade Neoprene which is closed cell foam.
JPIERCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:18 PM   #33

Dynamat is butyl rubber. Great for sound dampening. Rattling and such. Marine grade neoprene (wetsuit material) closed cell foam, blocks sound (used in recording studios). Trust me all you need is a quarter inch sheet mat and you’ll know what I’m talking about. At this point that’s about all you can do because you’re building up of sickness and is going to cause problems if you build it up too high. They make it in 1/8 inch sheet rolls as well. Look at XCEL Neoprene foam on eBay or Amazon. What I would do on the doghouse interior is take all the insulation off, remove the seal, clean it really well. Put two layers of mylar tape on the inside plastic facing the engine. Go find another dog house and take out the insulation so that you have to separate pieces. Cover both of them entirely with the mylar tape. Then remount both pieces to the doghouse they should have no problem fitting together. Secure together if needed. Remount the seal with adhesive and make sure that it’s perfectly mounted. When you remounted make sure the seal is perfectly fitted as well with no gaps and it’s sealed against the near preen or flooring material. It’s a lot of work but trust me when you get done you’ll be happy you did It. Milo is much better than aluminum for heat reduction
Old 05-27-2019, 06:27 PM   #34

On the floor inside the van are use Norco to cover the entire floor in addition to walls up to the bottom of the windows. I then put VanTread (Bedrug brand)cargo van mat on top (TPO Rubber) $200 for xlt body. It’s molded perfectly in the louvers in the floor and is cut exactly to fit the interior floor area, so that there’s no gaps. They do not make it for the driver passenger area unfortunately .
Old 08-10-2019, 01:17 PM   #35

Jpierce, how do you like the vantred tpo and hows it holding up? Or did you put another layer over it? Im considering using it vs the bedrug carpet in my van for ease of cleaning up after kids and dog
Oly11 is offline   Reply With Quote