Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2019, 07:57 AM   #11
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
I also remember reading through a thread about chasing water intrusion, culprit turned out to be a bad inner fender pinch weld or something.
I found that my front drivers carpet was getting soaked from water following wires being fed through a fire wall grommet, sealed it up with a good dose of silicone, think that has solved my issue.
I have to check, but I think I ran the wire from the cell booster antenna through a slit in the driver door rubber boot wire chase, might need to seal that up a bit better too.

CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:01 AM   #12

Another great sealer is 3M 4200 or 5200. 5200 bonds to a point that it cannot be removed without cutting/grinding....4200 is less so, designed to be removeable. Very common in marine industry and permanent.....reasonable prices and small tubes or gun tubes available...Maybe overkill (bond strength, elongation and sress are very large) but a friend with the same issue applied 5200 to the inside after removing some insulation successfully. Designed for underwater and above water for amphibious Sportsmobiles.
https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/...rochure_R1.pdf
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:35 PM   #13

Thanks for all the feedback on this one. I used a 3m product, I can't remember the exact number off-hand. The water intrusion issue appears to be fixed. I run a hose on all of the spots where water was getting in before and I'm not seeing anything inside! For me, I think the leak was the pinch seam (thanks Ray for pointing me in that direction rather than assuming it was the windshield). I had to remove the water coolant reservoir. This allowed me some improved access but I still really struggled to get in there . I recruited my wife (smaller hands) and she was able to get in there and clean the dust off the firewall and re-seal the seams. Everything appears ok at this point, I need to run some tubing through my door gaskets and then all the leaks should be taken care of and I can start insulating.
Surfvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:22 AM   #14

Great Thread - I have the same issue with my 2000 LA West Camper (on E150 base). Going to try the flashlight trick once the cover is off. Thank you to all for the links and input - I've been living with the intermittent wet floor on the driver's side for many years now and have never been able to pinpoint the cause.
vanilurgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilurgist View Post
Great Thread - I have the same issue with my 2000 LA West Camper (on E150 base). Going to try the flashlight trick once the cover is off. Thank you to all for the links and input - I've been living with the intermittent wet floor on the driver's side for many years now and have never been able to pinpoint the cause.
Glad it helped. Feel free to reach out to me once you dive in. It’s a little tricky to figure out where it’s coming from with all the wires that are in front of the fire wall.
Surfvan is offline   Reply With Quote