Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2014, 09:54 AM   #1

What is a stock van worth

I am hoping to get some advice on what I should ask for my van. My plans of converting to 4X4 just are not working out so I am going to sell it.

E350
2WD
Chateau
20000 miles
very clean in and out

Millerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #2

Re: What is a stock van worth

That's a tough one. Blue-book value doesn't seem to work out for anything besides a plain 5.4L cargo or wagon. V10s seem to be carrying a pretty premium of the 5.4Ls, and probably even a 6.0 would also as long as it doesn't have any current problems. Chateau package also seems to add a premium as well. The wheels and tires will add a little value too. Low miles are usually a big plus, but ultra-low miles can deter some buyers because it can indicate long-term storage, and also may not be enough for any factory defects to have emerged yet. That's a nice looking van BTW. Also big + for not being white.

Here's a local (to me) example:
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ctd/4284236521.html
-vs-
5.4L Wagon:
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4289028730.html
Old 01-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #3

The KBB has it around 19,000 not counting wheels n tires, front and rear hitch, 2" lift in front... Do you think I could get close to that?

Old 01-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerfish
The KBB has it around 19,000 not counting wheels n tires, front and rear hitch, 2" lift in front... Do you think I could get close to that?
I would think so, at least in areas away from home (like the NW or Colorado) where vans may be in higher demand. Van prices are depressed in LA-area because of large volume of vans coming off ride-share leases every year. I bought mine from Enterprise in LA because it was much less than anything I could find locally. Also, SoCal seems to have an aversion to diesels, just from what I've observed driving around (I could very well be off base though). But again, having an optional motor may help out, since Enterprise only buys 5.4L vans now, so no more good deals on wagons with a V10 or a diesel Heck, if it were an EB van, I'd be interested at that price! I don't think I could make it with a shorty though.

Are you in a hurry to sell it? If you are patient, you could probably get more, you'll just have to wait longer for the right buyer to run across it.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #5

What kind of lift do you have on it? I haven't found anything for these vans except for action van suspensions.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:33 PM   #6

.. and what size tires if you don't mind me asking? Looks like 285s.

Ray
my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #7

That's a nice matching trailer. Do you plan to sell with van?

BY the way, what is it exactly? At first it looked made from a pickup bed but the rear contour looks different than any model I recognize.
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #8

The lift was with the puck style that goes under the coil spring. Maxx-lift I think.
The tires are 265/75-16 anything wider hits the sliding door. It only required a slight trim of the front bumper plastic.
The trailer stays. It has worked out great, easy to tow and off road capable with tons of ground clearance. The bed of the trailer started life as a first generation Dodge D-50/Mitsubishi pick up.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerfish
.....cut......

The trailer stays. It has worked out great, easy to tow and off road capable with tons of ground clearance. The bed of the trailer started life as a first generation Dodge D-50/Mitsubishi pick up.
Did you build it, and if so was it hard?

I ask because I have an old Ranger pickup with a excellent bed and fiberglass cap. It's not running and would cost more to fix than it's worth, so I've been debating whether to donate it, or cut the truck and make a trailer out of it. My van is white and truck is blue, but that won't bother me too much. The enclosed bed is nice to carry bikes and other cargo out of the weather. My truck is also low enough that it doesn't limit rear visibility much (I've towed it behind van before). Was thinking of keeping the fuel tank under bed to run a generator or for extra fuel.
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #10

It's a nice van. I don't think it will last long for that price and certainly not past Spring.

Good luck with the sale!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote