Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2015, 06:02 PM   #1

Windows for E350

Hi,
I am hoping someone out there can point me in a better direction...
I have a retired 1997 E350 news van, on a Quigley suspension, that I am slowly converting into my FunMobile.
I would ideally have the Sportsmobile 20x40 awning window...but, as I learned the other day, they will not sell outright, just installed. I like the look, and the size is right.
I have followed a previous thread about looking through DKHardware product line. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a window smaller than 27 x 44, or so, that was rectangular, and had some curvature to fit my van wall. I did contact the customer service at DK...and I hope it was just my experience, but I found them to be less than knowledgeable about the products they carry and what might work best for me.
I am hopeful someone else has had a similar search, and found something that worked great for them.
Thanks,
Steve.

Zack1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:28 PM   #2

Re: Windows for E350

Anyone have the CR Laurence model number for the 20 x 40 awning window to help Steve?
Old 02-14-2015, 08:01 AM   #3

I went back into Cr Lawrence and found this...and then pulled it up on DK Hardware.

https://www.dkhardware.com/product-4032 ... -8-cr.html

I suppose I didn't dig quite deep enough.
This would work just fine for passenger side...still trying to figure out the best size for the driver side.

Steve.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #4

Hi Steve, yes, saw this. You had asked for 40 x 20, so just wondering if SMB truly has an exclusive on that size. This one is 33 x 18.

There is a larger awning window as well I have seen on some vans. Looks nice outside but I wonder what it is like inside vs seats/counters etc. For bench seating it would be fine, but for gaucho seat or counters it looks like half of it would be below the counter or back of seat.

Let me know what else you find out. Sent you PM.

Ray
Old 02-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #5

Hi Ray,
Thanks for the response!
I initially said 20 x 40 because that was what i saw on the Sportsmobile website...didn't see any other sizes listed, although I am sure they have them.
I did find the 19 x 33 on the Cr Lawrence site...and I like it, and it will do just fine. I would like to hopefully find one , same style, slightly larger for the driver side. I am surprised there aren't more options to choose from.
Was there by chance another window other than what I had found, to which you were referring to on the 18x 33? Just curious if you had found yet another option.
I see you are from San Fran...I live in Bend, but am working Big Sur area for next couple of months. Nice time of year to be here...

Thanks,
Steve.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:50 AM   #6

Hey Steve,

Are you still looking for a window? I have a CR Lawrence window (new) that I won't be using and will be in Portland next month... I can check the exact measurements if you're interested.

Cheers
Mr. D
1965 Econoline Travelwagon
A few bicycles...and sandals ;)
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote