Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2008, 04:28 PM   #1

Windshield Cover (split from NEED HEAT)

saw one somewhere,real nice covered whole windshield,like a rv type.also looking to heat my van by next weekend,been reading some post about little buddy heater ,is that ok if front windows are half open,was going to order screens,if thats not safe,have no problem buying hot air furnace and installing a propane tank.what kind come with the sportsmobile,my van is a stock cargo 05 v10 quadvan.w/sliding door.btw this thing is awesome.it has rear heat and ac,does me no good for sleeping.any advice would be appreciated,new to this site,have been reading it for couple weeks,can tell theres alot of knowlege in here.truck is set ou for dirtbiking,w/bike on motojack rack.

zlivewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #2

Haven't done any looking for windshield covers myself, but some place like Camper World might have 'em. When I had airplanes I had some made up out of naugahide (sp?) that snapped in place. If nothing else, I would think you could make a template out of butcher paper and go to an upholstery shop and have something made up.
Some of the other members will probably have better ideas.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #3

thanks
zlivewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
CJ

Send a message via Yahoo to CJ
Got mine at Giant RV and it fits perfect.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Skywagon
Scatter-

One would think, that if you are going to murder all those poor helpless little Naughas to use their hides to make windshield covers, that you would take the time to learn how to spell their pitiful little names!

Bill
Old 10-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #6

I prefer inside covers as the SMBs don't have a lot of space to put something that size that might come off wet or snowy. The RV covers I've seen go outside, but anything made for a class B with a matching manufacturer front should fit.

Anyway I have the SMB curtain which snaps in over the doors and overhead console but covers the radio ( ). The benefit is that I can screen the front door windows and have plenty of air go around the curtain. It stores in the side door with screens and a few other bits.

The second is some large oval-type silver inserts that are quick but don't cover the side windows or 100% of the windshield. They are small, lightweight and quick, if I just need a little privacy or to cut the sun while I shop or something. I've also put them in my lap while driving to cut the sun on my legs, and in the rear windows to cut light for mid-day naps. They are stored in the passenger seat pocket for easy access.

The last is some homemade reflectix sheets that are taped with aluminum to cover 100% of the windshield and one each for the doors. These are used in conjunction with other reflectix panels all over and are the best when you do no need ventilation from the front door windows. They are stored with the rest of the reflectix between the PH bed and PH on both sections.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #7

Ah here is the outside one I'm thinking of:

Old 10-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #8

Windshield Cover

The one shown is probably made by Adco and they are very efficient as Sun , Dust and Snow/Frost windshield covers . I have used them on all of my Vans and have been very happy with them . They are very inexpensive and fold nicely into approximately a 14" square that fit's into a provided pouch for easy storage . Should cost about
$50.00 or less from Camping World or any decent RV supply source .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:49 PM   #9

Quote:
One would think, that if you are going to murder all those poor helpless little Naughas to use their hides to make windshield covers, that you would take the time to learn how to spell their pitiful little names!
I hate to get that familiar with things I kill and eat. By the way, they're not too bad when sauted with pickle juice. Give 'em a try....

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:57 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatter
Quote:
I hate to get that familiar with things I kill and eat. By the way, they're not too bad when sauted with pickle juice. Give 'em a try....
Fry 'em, and they taste like chicken.

Herb