Sportsmobile Forum

Sportsmobile Forum (http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/)
-   General Sportsmobile (http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   SOLD-ish: time to move on. Selling my 2002 RB50 ish E350 Diesel :( (http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f9/sold-ish-time-to-move-on-selling-my-2002-rb50-ish-e350-diesel-21492.html)

Francois 04-21-2018 12:54 PM

SOLD-ish: time to move on. Selling my 2002 RB50 ish E350 Diesel :(

I just posted in the classified section of this forum and on Craigslist. After 16 years of great memories, it is time to move on. I have also enjoyed this forum and want to thank everyone that have shared their knowledge. I am asking for $55K for the rig. based on what I have seen, I believed it is fair but I am open to comments. here is the link to the Craigslist ad:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/rvs/d/sportsmobile-2002-ford-e350/6567545876.html

Thanks for spreading the words around... I am still in shock that I will be selling my baby. Something is telling me that I might get an other one in a few years when I retire.

Regards

Francois

vandiesel 04-21-2018 04:24 PM

Probably sold by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShuttlePilot 04-21-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandiesel (Post 226010)
Probably sold by now.

Not only sold by now but the new owner has a youtube channel with 100k subs of the van's travels to Moab, the Yukon, and most of the Pan-american highway featuring beautifully perfect #Vanlife photos.
:n5::n5::n5:

MountainBikeRoamer 04-21-2018 04:59 PM

Haha! Don't forget to add:

>> The van has **not only** probably been sold by now...it has probably been re-sold/flipped twice by now too. ;) ;) ;) <<

(In seriousness: nice rig and GLWS! :b5: )

Francois 04-24-2018 01:04 PM

Well, interesting development. After showing the van to 2 persons (and almost getting it sold to the first gentlemen... we had a agreement but then his wife said he was crazy to buy a $55K ,16 years old van.... Are we all a little bit crazy :) ) and getting another 4 inquiries, I had a change of hart. I basically sold the van to my self... describing the van , locking back at all the good memories and decided that there was more memories to create with this van... So it is off the market for now and will continue on traveling

Regards

Francois

BroncoHauler 04-24-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francois (Post 226180)
Well, interesting development. After showing the van to 2 persons (and almost getting it sold to the first gentlemen... we had a agreement but then his wife said he was crazy to buy a $55K ,16 years old van.... Are we all a little bit crazy :) ) and getting another 4 inquiries, I had a change of hart. I basically sold the van to my self... describing the van , locking back at all the good memories and decided that there was more memories to create with this van... So it is off the market for now and will continue on traveling

Regards

Francois

Congrats on the combo sale/purchase.

Herb

JoeH 04-24-2018 01:42 PM

Awesome! Many happy continued adventures!

mikracer 04-24-2018 02:41 PM

When you're ready to sell it, you'll still be able to get the price you were asking.

vandiesel 04-24-2018 03:57 PM

That buyer really worked you over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShuttlePilot 04-24-2018 04:28 PM

It was these three posts that sealed the deal wasn't it:a2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandiesel (Post 226010)
Probably sold by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot (Post 226011)
Not only sold by now but the new owner has a youtube channel with 100k subs of the van's travels to Moab, the Yukon, and most of the Pan-american highway featuring beautifully perfect #Vanlife photos.
:n5::n5::n5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer (Post 226012)
Haha! Don't forget to add:

>> The van has **not only** probably been sold by now...it has probably been re-sold/flipped twice by now too. ;) ;) ;) <<

(In seriousness: nice rig and GLWS! :b5: )

Seems that it confirms the adage," the best Sportsmobile a person can have is the one that's in the driveway".

-Eric