Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Cyber Grey Sportsmobile

Garage
Vehicle Name Cyber Grey Sportsmobile
Year 2016
Make Chevrolet
Model Express 3500 Diesel
Color Cyber Grey Metallic
Packages Quigley 4x4 w/Sportsmobile Package
2016 Chevrolet Express 3500 Diesel
2016 Chevrolet Express 3500 Diesel 2016 Chevrolet Express 3500 Diesel 2016 Chevrolet Express 3500 Diesel
History Order new from factory, had it drop shipped to Quigley in Pennsylvania, where they added the four-wheel drive system and 3" lift. They givve the van back to GM Shipping who then finishes the delivery to our dealership in California. The Van was then delivered to Sportsmobile West for the all-optioned upfit... All in, the build took 10 months from ordering the chassis to completion.
Comments: 9 / Views: 12509
Old 04-30-2016, 11:50 AM   #2

That's pretty sweet!
SLACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #3

Garage
Thnx. The ordering/building of has been a really fun project! I really wanted to get Chevrolet represented in a seemingly Ford/Sprinter market!
JessupChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:58 PM   #4

One of the nicest sportsmobiles I've seen. Of course, being a Chevy van, I might be bit biased. Do you have any interior shots. Is there anything you would do differently if you could turn time back a bit? Have you had any adventures?
Black Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:19 PM   #5

Were you able to finance the car with the 4x4 and the sportsmobile conversion? And what did all this run you. Thanks.
Partdogjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:52 PM   #6
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
SWEET!! With the (almost, except for the cutaway pkg) death of the E series van, I am surprised there are not more Chevy SMB's being built vs. going Sprinter...Really great looking van....agree, need to see more pics! I think we have rims in common! Look great on a Chevy too!

Ps. Is that a bird or a jet fighter you caught in the top right of the van profile shot?
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #7

Very Nice !
RLwhaler7.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:13 AM   #8

Jessup Chevrolet is a dealership in the Palm desert so I doubt financing is a problem...the OP might be the owner? The Express is the last body on frame van on the market, and I'm glad to see someone promoting it as a good SMB platform.

Glad you built it with the last year of the monster 6.6 Duramax. The 2017 has a 2.8 diesel out of the Colorado with a 25% reduction in power and torque...great for plumbers and electricians, but not so much for a heavy SMB.

The Transit/sprinter/promaster are all unibodies that, to me, appear to be soccer mom minivan designs built to 150% scale. Take a look at their suspension components sometime and compare them to an E series or Express. The interior size is impressive, no doubt, and MPG is higher.

GM should try harder marketing the Express/Savana to small fleet or individual tradesman, most of whom care more about uptime and ultra long term durability than interior space or MPG and the complex engines used to get it. I know a carpet cleaner with a fleet of 6 vans who ran his E350s for 4-500,000 HARD miles before replacing them. He is now replacing them with Savanas. Can the big minivans really hold up to that kind of hard mileage? Doubtful.

Love the build...can you post some interior shots? Curious how SMB outfits the Chevys.
Poptopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #9

Spoke to these guys- seem cool but they also feel they have the market control. They are set on their price. They do have a lender- but they will probably only lend 80%

I suppose they do have a corner of the market because they have inventory
jimmyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #10

There is a full video tour of this rig on YouTube that was posted by Jessup a year or two ago. It is indeed a sweet looking rig. I happened to find my van in the same color or at least what appears to be the same color (mines a 2015) and really like it.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote