Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #1

Van Graphic Ideas

Post up some pics of your van graphics. I can't be the only one who would like to fill the big void on the rear sides of an EB.

The WAVE and Badger have graphics and Mike Basich had his van painted up but I don't recall seeing many others with graphics or a design. I was thinking of using plasti-dip for a graphic of some kind.

I know I am opening this up to lots of graveyard scenes and howling wolves but you know what I am after. Something a little more recent than say 1976.

catmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #2

Garage
Re: Van Graphic Ideas

While I don't like graphics of any kind on vehicles, I think graveyard scenes and howling wolves might look good on your van.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Site Team

Once I exit Hal, this is what I do.
https://larry.wvnet.edu/~van/pics/lic...late-small.jpg
WWW.WVBIKE.ORG
WVvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #4

Garage

i cant quit lauging...thats awesome!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #5

how about immigration green?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #6

Since my van came equipped with a hideous paint job I have been toying with covering it with something since I bought it. I will probably not get around to ever doing it but I have always liked the
WW I 'dazzle' or 'splinter' ship patterns. They weren't designed to hide the ship but just to make it hard to see exactly what you were looking at and once identified, to make it hard to see what bit of it you were supposed to be shooting at.

Good ones have weird perspective and shape bending designs and can be really fun. Look up "dazzle" for examples if you are interested. There were multiple schools of thought about it and multiple variations of patterns.
Attached Thumbnails
USS_West_Mahomet_(ID-3681)_cropped.jpg  
witoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
I have always liked the WW I 'dazzle' or 'splinter' ship patterns.
It would like pretty neat. Don't know what effect it might have in everyday driving but I'd bet it lowers your chances of being sunk by a U-boat to zero.

Dazzle camouflage - Wiki

Once I exit Hal, this is what I do.
https://larry.wvnet.edu/~van/pics/lic...late-small.jpg
WWW.WVBIKE.ORG
WVvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #8

I knew I had these pics coming. Don't think I am going to turn a tatoo artis loose on my van to come up with some half naked girls but one side general lee one side mad max has traction. Ok, well, no. The Dazzle does touch close in that I had considered large digi-camo blocks. I suppose if I just break down and load it up with aluminess bling and Ujoint 4x4 it wouldn't look like an ice-cream van.
catmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #9

Garage

since buying my van, something along the lines of this has been the most popular request for me on our local forum.

seriously though. like you mentioned the stout bumpers and maybe even some bushwacker flares will break up the billboard look of a stocker van imho. not that i dont appreciate well thoughtout graphics. im always game to see something original.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #10

Catvandu,

"I had considered large digi-camo blocks". Have you seen O'Neil's 'Dual-Tex'? Very simple to do with a sponge. If what i read about plastidip is true you can just peel it off if you don't like it anymore.

An other possibility I have toyed with is something like this:

Though it would be in more muted colors and of course would only really work if you got a vanity plate that read "Mondrivan"...
Attached Thumbnails
composition-a-1923.jpg  
witoke is offline   Reply With Quote