Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2014, 10:03 PM   #1

Fishing Trip

It seems like there are a few fishermen and women on the forum so I thought I would throw this out there. Any interest in a fishing trip in the rockies between Aug. 15th and the end of Sept.? I will be guiding all summer but my last trip ends on Aug 14th in Denver, CO. At that point I plan to hop in my SMB and meet up with another fishing buddy who just bought a used SMB. He guides up in West Yellowstone. We plan to spend a week give or take a few days fishing and camping. Probably up in the WY, ID, MT area but are up to different ideas. If anybody else is interested lets start making some plans.

LFFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #2

Re: Fishing Trip

LFFE

Man I would love to hook up with you towards the end of summer, I'm a lics guide in WA. I guide for steelhead heavily in the fall, I'll keep you posted if I can manage to get away.
Peace out Trout
Buck
Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #3

Garage

I am interested. I am not an expert fly fisherman, but love to fish. Spent some time up in Montana fishing the Blackfoot. I would be up for any place you guys think we could get into some good fish. I am fairly open on dates. It will take a day or two for me to get up north.

TexGX
2006 Casita (Makes it a three bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath)
TexGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #4

Hey Buck do you know Nate Treat?

I hear he grew up in your neck of the woods....
1980 Vanagon Westy (Taylor)
ProfessorPaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorPaddle
Hey Buck do you know Nate Treat?

I hear he grew up in your neck of the woods....
Who's he guide for? Name doesn't sound familiar but I'm horrible with names that's why everyone's "bud" or "bro":grin:
Buck
Old 05-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckkiller
LFFE

Man I would love to hook up with you towards the end of summer, I'm a lics guide in WA. I guide for steelhead heavily in the fall, I'll keep you posted if I can manage to get away.
Peace out Trout
Buck
I haven't fished washington yet. I drove through on my way back down from Prince of Whales last spring but didnt have time to stop. Maybe we could meet up there. When does the steelheading usually get hot?
LFFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #7

LFFE .... Steelheading is always best when you are not at the River, at least that is what I have found. Ever epic day was had when I decided to stay at home.

Other than that you have to nail down an area of Washington before asking about times because it varys by river and region. There some rivers with summer runs being caught in Dec and Jan all the time and then there are runs where winter runs are starting to show in Oct and Nov or others as late as Mar and Apr. Just depends on the run, year and region.

If you are going to fish for big fish go to the Olympic Pen. If you are looking for Feisty Dark Meat that is all booted up, head to the east side. My personal favorite is the Middle Northwest fork of the little Solehumpeduck. Big Big fish in that stream in fact most folks don't even wade in the river for fear of being bitten, attacked or starting a feeding frenzy. (Keep it on the Downlow though, I wouldn't want to attract crowds)
1980 Vanagon Westy (Taylor)
ProfessorPaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #8

The problem with most west side rivers in the fall is rainfall....rivers could be in prime shape and within hours be blown out! I guide primarily east of the cascades on most Columbia river tributaries. The Klickitat opens June 1st and you can always find me floating it on the opener but flows run at around 3500-4000 cfs, its glacier feed so clarity from Aug-Sept depends on summer temps but by October temps drop, flows avrg 700-1000 cfs, salmon are also in the system and spawning so its game on!!
The Methow is a great fall river it runs crystal clear, flows avg 600 cfs and the black top follows the river so access is fairly easy. It is more of a typical trout system filled with riffles, runs, pocket water....steelhead can be had on the swing or "DRY" and on a size 12 bead head nymph! Best thing is it lacks the westside crowds

Crystal Clear!!

Buck
Old 05-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to bettyford

You could always fish from Yellowstone lake down the Snake River through Jackson onto the Green and the Wind River range.
You can float the snake river from Jackson Lake dam all the way to Alpine Wy. That's Maybe 5days of 5hr floats, you will break all of your daily fishing records. And that's just the easy to get to popular parts!
Ron
Old 05-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to bettyford

Get me all excited!
R