Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #1

Garage
VivaLaVida in Idaho

Here is a short selection of picture from VivaLaVida's trip through Idaho. Hope you'll enjoy it...

1. Camping at City of Rocks

• [list:1pgj95ep]
[/list:u:1pgj95ep]

2. City of Rocks, definitely a place worth to visit.

3. View South-West above City of Rocks

4. Some places were muddy in Independance Mountains with still a bunch of snow melting...

5. Sunset at about 5'000 feet elevation

6. Independance Lake still frozen. The hike was exhausting, five hours walking in deep snow to get there...

7. This mose came out of the forest just next to VivaLaVida when I was resting after the hike.

8. Reservoir on the Boise River.

9. Nice boondocking just next to the powerfull Boise River.

10. Old cabins in Atlanta

11. Sunset over Boise

12. Meadows...

13. At Elk Meadows.

14. Neighbour of my boondocking site...

15. Some inhabitants of Elk Meadow in the morning light. The evening before, I saw more than 50 of them, amaizing.

16. Cape Horn lake.

17. Kayak padling in the morning

18. Custer ghost town in Yankee Valley

19. Old Mine above Bayhorse ghost town

20. VivaLaVida riding the hills...

21. Late afternoon light in mountains...

22. From Lemhi Pass, the border between Idaho and Montana

23. Two hours later, colorfull showers at sunset

24. A thunderstorm was approching

25. Incredible thunderstorm sky in late evening

Thanks for looking

Old 07-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: VivaLaVida in Idaho

Friggin unreal Claude.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #3

Believe it or not, I try not to post too much. But then I get drawn in by the remarkable things you guys do. Your photographs have incredible detail. Would you mind sharing your secrets of such crisp photography? What lens do you use? I am not asking about your ability to compose a shot -- I know my limitations and don't aspire to that. I just want to know the technical side.

My wife and I visit Idaho at least once a year now. But I haven't seen the stuff you have seen. (Although kayaking 5 days on the MF Salmon with hotsprings at camp almost every other night is pretty special.) And I certainly haven't brought back pictures anyway near your quality.

I will send the link to my friends in Idaho. Thanks for sharing.
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #4

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschitt
Here is a short selection of picture from VivaLaVida's trip through Idaho. Hope you'll enjoy it...
I enjoyed it!! Idaho, home sweet home. You showed me some areas I've never seen. I've always wanted to make the trek to Atlanta, but have never been. Do you have other images of the Atlanta area? Did you boondock near there?

Keep 'em coming.

Mike
Old 07-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #5

Garage

^^^ mike, theres 2-3 ways into atlanta depending on the time of year. theres still snow blocking one of them currently (the way in through rocky bar/featherville). theres boondocking in there, but not as much as youd think. both the north and middleforks of the boise have a lot of terrain, but a good deal of the drive is right next to the river and your at the bottom of a canyon in many places, so its hard to get far from the road. we spend a lot of time just outside of atlanta on the northfork on our weekend camp trips, but going that far in on any of the terrible washboard roads takes more time than most our campin buddies want to spend on short weekend trips.

id really like to get back in there and do some exploring with some other members if anyone was interested. theres 15 or so natural hotsprings within an hour of atlanta, many right off the middlfork road. ive been to 5-6 or them right near atlanta, but id love to locate the others if anyone else wanted to go poke around in that area. any intrest in an idaho meet???

Quote:
Originally Posted by E350
My wife and I visit Idaho at least once a year now. But I haven't seen the stuff you have seen. (Although kayaking 5 days on the MF Salmon with hotsprings at camp almost every other night is pretty special.).
^^^ ive wanted to do that float forever. have heard so many good things about that area. the drive from stanley to salmon is incrediblly beautiful, but have never had time to stop and explore the salmon area much wife and i are hot springs junkies and have explored many of them in the area, but you cant just drive to all those along the salmon mf. definitely one of the perks of that float!

claude, great pix as always. you make areas ive stood at look even better through your lense. well done!! you made it to places ive never even heard of or seen...and ive lived here my entire life. you are definitely doing it right, keep up the great trip reports!

...for anyone intersted, pic 8 is called arrowrock reservoir, its where all three forks of the boise collect. pic 9 was on the middlefork of the boise above arrowrock. that river was a rager this year. id never seen it with that kind of flow before. guess we had a better snow year than i thought. claude was far enough up to hopefully escape all the trash from the local kids. sadly, the lower part of the middlefork road twords atlanta has turned into a local party spot
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #6

Garage

Thanks guys, happy if you enjoy these pictures...

@ Shenrie : Thanks for the precision on some of these places. I really enjoyed Atlanta Hot Spring where I was alone. They made a nice bassin and when I was soaking, three deers where just next to me, less than 50 yards away. I've visited three other hot springs, two along the road heading to Atlanta.
Sure that I will be pleased to participate to a meet in that area if I'm there at that time...

@ E350. Thanks for the compliment! I'm freelance photographer, I'm shooting mostly landscape and wildlife, so it's my job and also my passion. No secret about the quality of my pictures, I just try to show the real wonder of the nature I'm exploring without ehancement. To keep details on web sized picture, you have to resize them by several steps, applying and soft sharpening between each resize. I shoot with a 24 MPix camera which keeps lot of détails, even in the background which is crucial for landscape photography, espacially for large print. But you can get good results with any camera if you keep a right exposure.

@ MKRyan. As Shenrie said, there is dirt roads leading to Atlanta. I drove the only one which was open at that time, along the Boise River. I tryed to access to Trinity Lakes but had to turn back less than on mile before the pass because of remaining snow on the road. VivaLaVida got through the first 500 yards with both differential locked but didn't manage to go through the last part where there was still between 3 to 4 feet of old snow...
Here are some other pictures of Atlanta area...

26. VivaLaVida heading to Atlanta along de Middle Fork Boise River.

• [list:1qz8zh78]
[/list:u:1qz8zh78]

27. Coming back on the road to Trinity Lakes

28. Middle Fork Boise River about 20 miles downstream of Atlanta.

29. Another cabin in Atlanta.

30. Small lake at the Atlanta Hot Spring.

31. The same river just half a mile behind the hot spring, where I spent a night.

Once more thanks for looking !
Old 07-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #7

I can see your pics framed on the wall of nice hotels. Nice pics
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote