Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #1

Anza Borrego over New years (Was Mojave)

Last year we traveled with PJPV into DV from Ridgecrest via Goler Wash and Stripped Butte. I'm thinking we would enjoy something a little different desert wise this year around New Years. My only experience in the Mojave has been Carruthers Canyon a few years back. Beautiful. I have no experience beyond that and am looking for suggestions and anyone wanting to meet up. We can travel anytime from 12/27/14. Lulu the cattle dog went to the big dog park in the sky in August. We are dogless sadly but travel is a bit simpler now. Our goal is find a good spot and stay for 2/3 days exploring on foot. We avoid camp grounds and noisy machines whenever possible.
Chris and Ruth

07 BMW 525xi wagon
Christopher Thwaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #2

Re: Mojave over New years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Thwaites
Last year we traveled with PJPV into DV from Ridgecrest via Goler Wash and Stripped Butte. I'm thinking we would enjoy something a little different desert wise this year around New Years. My only experience in the Mojave has been Carruthers Canyon a few years back. Beautiful. I have no experience beyond that and am looking for suggestions and anyone wanting to meet up. We can travel anytime from 12/27/14. Lulu the cattle dog went to the big dog park in the sky in August. We are dogless sadly but travel is a bit simpler now. Our goal is find a good spot and stay for 2/3 days exploring on foot. We avoid camp grounds and noisy machines whenever possible.
Chris and Ruth
I'm going to be recovering from wrist surgery then, so was just thinking, hey, we should go camping since I'll be off work. Toying with plans, girlfriend needs to figure out work schedule, but general plan would be DV/Mojave/environs, off the beaten track.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:27 AM   #3
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Thwaites
My only experience in the Mojave has been Carruthers Canyon a few years back. Beautiful. I have no experience beyond that and am looking for suggestions and anyone wanting to meet up.
Chris and Ruth
Chris, I stuck on call this year on the 1st so I doubt I'll be doing much this go around but maybe I can get someone to trade with. Anyway I did go through the Mojave Trail last year and found some fairly nice spots. Actually didn't have time to make it into Caruthers Canyon and wish I'd have got up there. Not sure about the rest of the preserve...big place.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #4

Garage

Sorry to hear about Lulu, she was a good dog. Pinto's upset that there won't be a rematch!

Let me talk to Claudia and see if she's up for some desert bocce.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:54 AM   #5

Garage

^^^ thats a really cool pic.

is that a photo effect or do you have glowing bocce's?

edit: just used that handy google search thingy and found them. i think thats a must have item!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapatio
Pinto's upset that there won't be a rematch!
Well, if we all make it.. Ella's willing to take all comers. And she likes the desert, here she is hiking during her first trip to Death Valley (at 11 weeks old):

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3662_sm.jpg  
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #7

Rally Panam, DaveB, Tapatio, looks like we have some interest. Charlie 56 suggests Anza Borrego to give us a little warmer weather. I like that suggestion so consider Anza the target area...also not someplace I've explored yet. I'll bring the flashing Bocce balls. Everyone who has been to Anza should throw out suggestions. Ron,Claudia it would be nice to see you again.
Chris
07 BMW 525xi wagon
Old 10-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #8

Would lover to join you again this year, but not in the cards to get away then.

Enjoy!

Phil

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #9

Garage

Borrego is a great idea, warmer and typically less wind. Have a few spots that I can suggest.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #10

Ok it's official....Anza Borrego will be the new general destination in consideration of the weather and input from several folks. Dates will be from about 12/28-29/14 to 1/3/15. Focus will be on finding a good spot and staying put....at least that will be my goal. I greatly appreciate any and all feedback. PM me if you wish.
07 BMW 525xi wagon