Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #1

White Rim Trip Planning

Hello Everyone. I have been dreaming the whole white rim trail trip ever since I did a quick one night trip in and back out a few years ago. I think I am finally going to make it happen in september or october of 2015. Before I start to reserve permits does anybody have any campsite recommendations. I am going to try and move slow so I can explore some side hikes.

Thanks!
Will

LFFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #2

Re: White Rim Trip Planning

Hello, I to am planning a White Rim Road trip and already have reservations for April 6th at Murphy B campground and on the 7th at Potato Bottom C campground. I have an extra spot for my trip if you want to make it in April. Let me know, or anybody else that may want that spot.
BillPa1
BillPa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #3

I wont be able to make it in April but I am looking forward to hearing how the trip goes.
LFFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:18 AM   #4

Garage

My two favourite sites are:
- Potato Bottom B & C, under cottonwood trees, not far from the Green River
- White Crack, about one mile south of the White Rim Trail, from where you've a great open view over the Needles and the Dollhouse.

If you plan to hike or drive down the Colorado River in Lathrop Canyon, the closest campsite is Airport, about two miles after the junction of Lathrop Canyon.

A short hike worth to do is Fort Bottom, about three miles past Potato Bottom. There is a nice double tower Indian ruin and an old cabin near the river...