Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
Site Team

Garage
test... inserting an attachment picture

[/img] TesT

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: test

To insert a image from your computer, this is how I do it on my PC. Ask a Mac user if you have a mac.

In a post, hit the reply button as if you plan to respond to or start a post.

Type your response/post then scroll down to where you see the browse button and click it.

The browse button will bring up a upload computer window showing your files. Select the file that holds your picture. Most of the time that will be in "my pictures" section. In most cases you will have to open the sub file that holds the picture. In my case I pasted the picture to my desktop.

Double click the picture you wish to post. In this case I wanted picture 001

Notice the picture shows in the box left of the browse button.

Click "add the file" button

A download window will pop up. Note that the picture needs to be resized for quicker download times. I use 800x600 and do this with windows picture manager or photoshop prior to logging on to the forum.

Scroll down so you see the "Place inline" button. Put the cursor where you want the picture to be in the post. Note the cursor must be flashing to set the picture. If you don't see the cursor double click on the post page where you want it. If you scroll down the cursor will disappear and you will have to reset it.

Click "Place inline"

Finish adding text to your post if needed then click "submit" to post to the public board. Also you can always hit the "Preview" button to make sure your post is going to come out correctly.

If you resize larger than 600x800 it will display an overly large picture that affects the fonts. Those with larger screens will not be as affected but the picture and sentences may need to be scrolled to view. It also affects anybody else that posts in the thread.

You can also use the office picture manager to orientate the picture correctly…in this case I left the picture incorrectly on its side.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 002.jpg   Picture 003.jpg   Picture 004.jpg   Picture 005.jpg   Picture 006.jpg  

Picture 007.jpg   Picture 008.jpg   Picture 009.jpg   Picture 010.jpg   Picture 015.jpg  

Picture 016.jpg  

Old 07-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Site Team

Re: test... inserting an attachment picture

Wow. Never noticed this before. Thanks! I've always done it the hard way by putting the picture in my gallery first. This way will be much better.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #4

Well better is a relative term. Your gallery is accessible everywhere whereas the attachments are only in the post and limited to 3 items per post. Well I thought they were limited to 3 anyway, lol.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage

True plus you can't have an attachment picture show up or be nominated for the random slide show. Cool pictures got to go into your album just because they're cool