Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2014, 10:55 PM   #1

Sliding windows for passanger van?

HI folks!

This is my first post and sure to be one of many. I am new around these parts and putting together a new van for some fun this summer. I'm the proud new owner of a 02 quig with a 7.3. Its blank inside and I'm looking to start making some changes. First up is swapping out some windows. I have tried searching the forums here but until I learn how to navigate them better I'm hoping to make some friends and have some simple questions answered. If you look at the picture you'll see each side has a HUGE window that doesn't do much. If there was an option out there to make it a half slide that would do wonders for ventilation and comfort for me and my lady. Does such an aftermarket option exist?

Thanks,

Sean
Attached Thumbnails
photo (4).JPG  

seventhree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:05 AM   #2

Re: Sliding windows for passanger van?

I've never seen a replacement for those without extensive body work. If there were, all of us with passenger vans would have them. Your best bet might be to find some of the elusive rear pop outs from an older van 9 (92-96?) from a salvage yard to match your existing pop outs and add screens. Also, a fantastic vent in the roof does wonders for these keeping air moving. It looks like you have a non-SMB fiberglass top, which is the easiest thing to mount one in. <$200.

Good luck

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote