Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #1

Ripping out carpet...what to replace with???

Has anyone ripped out the carpet and replaced it with loncoin or rubberized flooring. Is it hard? Specific challenges?
Where did you get the replacement material at?
I am looking at replacing my old carpet in my '92 and pulling out the cabinets, etc and replacing with loncoin, then repainting my MDF cabinets or making new ones with plywood. Thoughts??? I want to upgrade my interior.

rogers112869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #2

Re: Ripping out carpet...what to replace with???

I don't have the loncoin but something similar (not carpet). I like it, and I have a full piece of carpeting on top of it that I can take out and hose off. I think you could source the loncoin at an auto upolstry shop or SMB. I would assume that the lancoin is glued down with some type of mastick like linolium floors. The plywood that you glue it to would have to be perfectly smooth, fill and sand any holes, because that would show thru the loncoin. I would think it would need to be a full sheet because a seam in the loncoin would be difficult to get just right.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #3

I have been thinking about doing the same thing so that it would be easier to clean out among other things. My only concern is about road noise. Would more noise be transferred through the floor if there is no carpeting?
bburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #4

plasteak padding goes on bottom with adhesive on both sides, one to place it on floor without scooting all over, the top side to place the loncoin (or any marine vinyl flooring)...both materials come in 6' widths and are sold by the foot, somewhere between 40.00+ per linear foot...plasteak is 3/8" thick and loncoin is 1/8" thick...the padding makes it feel like carpet soft
krgracia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #5

What is the stuff Skinny is using in his build? It looks pretty good. Oh, found it, never heard of it but it's another idea for you.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...113203#p113203

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote