Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #1

Dakota Digital SGI-5 Universal Speed Adapter Calibrator

Has anyone installed the subj unit to adjust their speedometers? I purchased one for my 2009 E350 6.0 Diesel, but unfortunately, the instructions are not too clear to me. Would love to see pics of what wires are used and how they are routed. Thanks!

Dave

Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #2

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Re: Dakota Digital SGI-5 Universal Speed Adapter Calibrator

We use them often. Just call them for support and they will give you the settings...

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
We use them often. Just call them for support and they will give you the settings...
I figured out the settings and calibrated the speed to w/i 1 MPH, but transmission started to act funny, then all of a sudden, it wouldn't shift past 3rd gear. I called Dakota and they said I prob spliced into the wrong wire. I need to splice into a wire that comes out of the PCM and into the instrument cluster (IPC).

I looked over the service manual and there is a reference about a vehicle speed sensor (VSS) coming out of the PCM and into the IPC, but it's not identified on the wiring diagram!? The IPC connector has several wires going to the speedo, but none of them seem to be the VSS.

Any idea which wire I can spice into? Or is there a Ford dealer you know of that can change the programming to adjust the speedo? Seeing 10 MPH over actual speed is getting frustrating!
Old 06-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
Or is there a Ford dealer you know of that can change the programming to adjust the speedo? Seeing 10 MPH over actual speed is getting frustrating!
Not really that local to you in San Juan, but Leon's Transmission in Garden Grove installed the Dakota unit in my 4x4 UJoint conversion last summer. I had initially purchased the Abbott unit but it was bad, got the Dakota unit overnight delivered to the shop and out the next day.
chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #5

Thanks for the info Chaos!! Greatly appreciated!