Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2014, 09:42 PM   #1

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Our new solar system...

24 - 6 volt batteries to go with it and 336 days a year of sun

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:09 PM   #2

Re: Our new solar system...

All forum members in there SMB's are welcome.

AgileOffRoad.com
Old 09-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #3
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Bonita casa seņor Ramsey! Donde esta?
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:45 AM   #4
Site Team

Garage

Don't really look like Carlsbad.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:55 AM   #5

We put the Carlsbad house in a 21 day escrow last Monday, so we only have a few more weeks here. We never listed it and had competing offers once the word got out that we were selling. We got a great price and with no Real Estate commissions involved save another $50K. We haven't quite finished the remodel yet so we have been very busy. We spent the day today stripping the entry doors and Soda Blasting them for the sand blasted look - tomorrow they get stained and sealed.

We have been in a 150 day escrow on this house in Rancho Nuevo, just 30 minutes north of Cabo and 20 minutes south of Todos Santos on the Pacific side of the peninsula. Timing is never a sure thing down there, but we should close sometime in October, it could be as early as September.

Our plan is to spend six or more months out of the year in Baja and turn our San Diego house into our primary residence so that we can take advantage of the $500K capital gains exclusion in two more years and sell it too and get out of California! We love San Diego, but we are just "over it!" My life is and always has been way too stressful - my own fault - as I am always doing too much.

With that in mind and me somewhat fearful that I will get bored in Baja, we have come up with the idea of conducting Sportsmobile tours in Baja. We are trying to get a small quiver of 4X4 Sportsmobile and 4X4 Class B Motor Homes together over the next year and offer "Arrive and Drive" tours in Baja Sur - perhaps one week a month.

Everything is in the planning/dreaming stages right now. but we can envision surfing tours, Sea of Cortez tours, whale tours, photo tours (Brent Haywood as your guide...) and Spanish Mission tours to name a few ideas.

Guests can fly in to Cabo and be picked up in their fully provisioned Sportsmobile or Class B and head straight for the dirt roads heading north.

Anyhow, it all sound fun for now and we really need a change - I'm getting to be an ornery cuss from the madness around me.

We hope all our Sportsmobile friends that find themselves on the road to Cabo will feel free to stop by for a cold cerveza or join us on an adventure in Baja.

AgileOffRoad.com
Old 09-01-2014, 07:00 AM   #6
Site Team

Congrats on the new digs! Looks like a great house and compound, but does your van fit in the garage?

Herb
Old 09-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #7

Way to go, Ramsey! Sounds like a great plan. I think I may have seen the house in the past on one of my trips to Cabo, unless the house is new, of course.
Best of luck to you - also glad you're going to be in San Diego part time to continue upgrading suspensions ;-)
I'll be looking here for updates and planning a trip to Cabo

Phil
SMB West motorized penthouse
Underfloor Aluminum storage box from northleftcoast
Aluminess Bumper-Mount Spare Tire Rack

Passenger & Driver swivel seat bases
Kenwood DNX572BH Navigation/DVD/CD Receiver
SilverForkPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Congrats on the new digs! Looks like a great house and compound, but does your van fit in the garage?

Herb
Opening is just about 8' 1" if I remember correctly - don't know how tall my van is though.

I'm going to look at the costs of renting a bodega to keep the vans in and work on them as well as race car and prerunner - all lofty plans for now.

AgileOffRoad.com
Old 09-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverForkPhil
Way to go, Ramsey! Sounds like a great plan. I think I may have seen the house in the past on one of my trips to Cabo, unless the house is new, of course.
Best of luck to you - also glad you're going to be in San Diego part time to continue upgrading suspensions ;-)
I'll be looking here for updates and planning a trip to Cabo

Phil
House is 12 years old and in perfect condition - professional inspection found one window in the casita with a frozen roller and inspector said he has never seen a place in better condition - it is occupied full time by the owners who had it built under their supervision and saw to every detail. They are moving to Thailand where the wife is from to be with grandchildren.

It is a very comfortable house that is not too big (2br, 2ba) and a separate casita with its own kitchen and bath - altogether, including garages, there is about 3,000 sq ft under roof. Bedrooms and bathrooms are large but the living area is a little broken up - we will look into removing some walls... but in Baja, outdoor living is where it is at. There are beautiful gardens (we are on a well with lots of water - 40" a year of rain fall in the 7,000 ft mountains just miles east of the house) and several patios and decks.

Our first project is to build a pool, perhaps where the cactus garden is, between the casita and the west side of the house.

AgileOffRoad.com
Old 09-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #10

Garage

Cabo San Lucas, one of my favorite places on the planet. Except I gain 5 pounds in 5 days every time I visit there. Your place is beautiful and I love the solar work. Well done and good luck with your plans!

-Scott
Makalu1 is offline   Reply With Quote