Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2015, 04:09 AM   #1
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Wiring Help

Hoping someone here has experience or knowledge with a connector I need identified.......2003 E250 gasoline motor, no trailer or towing package upgrades.

I've identified the connector as C140 as it shows up in my printed EVTM, both in the component locating grid and pin outs/faces section too---wire colors completely correct. What's not shown or mentioned is what this connector's use is. I suspected it to be part of the optional or dealer-fitted trailer/camper wiring package however the EVTM doesn't show C140 being part of that wiring harness.

Photos:

I need to run a single wire feed inside the cabin for a cluster swap and would rather re-purpose an existing connector or single pin on any other existing connector to avoid drilling another hole in the left side of the firewall.

TIA

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #2

Re: Wiring Help

I'm basically way out of my league here, but is this the F4UB-14A411-A connector?

I'm only familiar with this because of the connectors at the other end (rear of vehicle) that are involved in the "Camper Kit" (bunch of pigtails in a box) that came with a big fold-out paper chart of sketches. This is an excerpt from (for year 2000) is a similar document I found online. Is that your connector on the last page (page 133 on document) at the bottom? I put green borders around it. (The section with the red borders was marked earlier for my own use.)

If not, just ignore me and move on. Under the hood is NOT my area of expertise, and Ford factory wiring even less so. And this is a "modified vehicle connector" (whatever that means) and I know you said you don't have that sort of thing. Still....?

Okay, couldn't get a .pdf to upload, so I took a screen shot of an excerpt of the excerpt. If this turns out to have potential, I can upload more of it.

Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:55 AM   #3
JWA

Wow Viva---that document looks to be E-X-A-C-T-L-Y what I need to navigate that plug!

Can you send it complete to my email address?

And BTW where or how did you obtain it? I didn't know anything that extensive was available to end users.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:53 PM   #4

Hi JWA,

I will send you a copy. The way I first found out about it is that my SMB came with a box in the "basement" that was about 6" x 8" x 2" and had a Ford name and part number on it. Was something like "Camper Kit Wiring." It had like seven pigtails in it, plus a large, fold out piece of paper (folded out to around 2' square when flat) that had all of that information on it plus a bit more. I wanted a copy I could annotate and keep on my computer, so I think I must have searched for one then and found it somewhere online. I had the exact name and part number, so I had a head start. I think the online document I have is from 2000, but it looks the same (or very similar) to the 1997 paper/box that came with my SMB.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:20 AM   #5
JWA

Viva anything you have found or saved would be a huge help--------thanks!!

J W
Old 12-29-2016, 10:30 PM   #6

I'm wiring up new lights to replace the lights that came in the Aluminess bumper of my 2005 SMB (E350 6.0 Diesel). Was deciding on wether to reuse the wiring and switch from the lights as delivered from SMB or new wiring for the new lights. In tracing the hot lead from the bumper lights they plug into what looks like connector C140 as shown in this thread and found in an electrical wiring diagram book I have. Trying to determine where it goes from there and where the relay is. Anyone have any ideas?

I haven't traced from the switch out yet, so may become obvious once I do that.

thanks!

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:03 PM   #7

A little more on-line and book searching and it looks like I need to find connector C238 under the dash. Will do some more digging this weekend.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpvi View Post
A little more on-line and book searching and it looks like I need to find connector C238 under the dash. Will do some more digging this weekend.
Phil, JWA probably knows. He doesn't hang around here often but is really active on the FTE (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) forum in the van section. Perhaps you could ask him over there.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Phil, JWA probably knows. He doesn't hang around here often but is really active on the FTE (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) forum in the van section. Perhaps you could ask him over there.

JWA will answer you here- he informed me of some stuff and was nice enough to follow up!
Old 12-30-2016, 08:16 AM   #10

Thanks Scotty and Annie O. It may be obvious once I crawl under the dash to look. If not, I'll hunt down JWA.