Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #1

RV Upfitter Kits/Connectors/Pinouts

Peter at SMB West was kind enough to snail mail me a full install sheet for the Ford RV Upfitter Kit (Camper Wiring Kit). Peter's a great guy, I just ask this random question and he finds the document and mails it to me. That's service!

Unfortunately it is just way too large to scan (24" x 36" ish), so I'm going to try to summarize the pertinent information.

I am guessing these kits would apply to 99-07 ish. There are probably kits for the later vans but I wouldn't assume they'd be the same as the earlier kits, that said I suspect between 99-07 they are pretty much the same.

I did discover one minor wire color difference on my vehicle vs the info I have, but it wasn't hard to figure out (the other 5 were the same as the document).

Kit Part Numbers search on ebay, typically $25-50 ish
F8UB-14A351-AA
YC25-14A351-AB
YC2Z-13A576-AAA

Typical Kit Contents alternates listed are my best guess, not 100% sure
F4UB-14A411-FA or F4UZ-14A411-F or F4UB-14A411-F (12 pin, 6 wire, pigtail not used on SMB)
F4UB-14A411-AA or F6UB-14A411-A (??)
F4UB-14A411-CB or 4C24-14A411-C
F4UB-14A411-DB (4 pin, 4 wire, trailer - not needed if you already have a full trailer harness at back, prob used on full size RV)
F4UB-14A411-BB (4 pin, 3 wire, trailer - not needed if you already have a full trailer harness at back, prob used on full size RV)
F7UB-14A411-BA or 4C24-14A411-B

Note: something doesn't add up here because there should be both the dome light connector and engine bay connector (A suffixes) in a kit.

Pigtail Pinouts
Note the part number listed here is for the particular kit I got the doc for. They vary year to year but are basically the same thing. The basic number and part of the suffix will be the same, e.g. 4C24-14A411-B might also be F4UB-14A411-BA in a different year.

Mapping between above list and below list isn't perfect, sorry for confusion, will try and clarify later.

Format is part number, wire color, max cont current. I have omitted wire gauge, max current for wire length per gauge, circuit number (ties back to shop manual wiring book).

4C24-14A411-B location: rear of instrument panel (quite close to brake controller connector)
LH Turn, LG-W, 2.2A
Battery feed, W-R(++), 25A
Ign Control feed, O, 25A
Pass thru (eng*), DB, 25A
Pass thru (eng*), GY-R, 25A
RH turn, W-LB, 2.2A

(*these two connect with the engine bay, SMB might use the runs to the driving/fog lights?)
(++SMB put some huge fuses on the W-R wire, I think it powers the driving fog lights. I'm going to disconnect this wiring and they'll wire to the alternator/battery box)

4C24-14A411-C location: B pillar
Battery feed, W-R, 25A
Ign control feed, O, 25A
Fused feed, R-W, 25A (not sure which fuse, circuit 1482)
Ground, BK, n/a (only on gas vans)

F4UB-14A411-F location: 2 different connectors avail in B pillar (not used in my van, I have the loose pigtail)
instrument panel lamp feed, LB-R, 8A
Fused feed, Y-BK, 10A (wired to lower of the 2 connectors only)
Aux Sw Hi, R-W, 8A
Aux Sw Med Lo, Y-R, ?
Aux Sw Med Hi, DB-W, ?

F6UB-14A411-A location: roof, behind B pillar? (same harness trunk as 14A411-F)
battery feed, LG-Y, 8A
dome lamp, BK-LB, 8A (switched from LG-Y circuit, therefore current capacity doesn't add)
Ground, BK, n/a

4C24-14A411-A location: engine bay, above brake master cyl
Battery feed, W-R, 25A
Ign control feed, O, 25A
Pass thru (to instrument panel), DB, 25A (see 4C24-14A411-B above)
Pass thru (to instrument panel), GY-R, 25A (see 4C24-14A411-B above)

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #2

RV Upfitter Kits/Connectors/Pinouts

Anzac
You should be able to get is scanned at any print shop. If you cannot find someone to scan it send it to me. I know a place that can scan it.

Larrie
89 Ford 2WD penthouse
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote