Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #1
v37

Fixed Penthouses?

I’ll be getting a Sprinter 4x4 this year. Does Sportmobile install a fixed penthouse,...that is to say, a penthouse that does not expand or retract (no hardware or bed). My interest is in the 5'10" flr to ceiling height,...but do not care for the extra 16 plus inches of a high roof Sprinter (high roof plus 5" awning). With the Sportsmobile penthouse, I'd gain only 5" (with awning),...nearly a foot lower than the High Roof model.

My conversion preference is for all-electric,…closest to the RB131S, but with a behind the driver cabinet (with slide out table for the swivel seats) like the RB132S.

v37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #2

Re: Fixed Penthouses?

They have only one penthouse for sprinter.
Foxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:21 AM   #3
v37

Re: Fixed Penthouses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxmaster
They have only one penthouse for sprinter.

Thanks for both replies (insulation 2). I had read something about a Penthouse G,...lower elevating penthouse,...but guess not for the Sprinter.

I'm excited about getting my 4x4, perhaps in April,...it's been ordered,...and think the absolute first order of business is getting the top done,...so as soon as I get a firm arrival date, I'll see about getting an appointment to install a penthouse,...even if I never extend it,...the low profile, and extra head room is what's most important to me.

However,...another question....ever any problems or concerns (with the top down) in extreme cold conditions? One of my first trips will be to Wood Buffalo to watch the aurora. Ever see how metal doors shrink right off the frame in extreme cold?
v37 is offline   Reply With Quote