Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #1

New SMB build, Ford E350 EB V10, in progress.

My first post here. My wife and I are in the planning stages of our new SMB and would like to request some help. SMB North will be doing our van (from Madison, WI). So here goes:

What we'll use it for. Lots of traveling out west, up north (well farther then we are, Wisconsin), and into the south. We'd like to make it into remote areas and with winter use in Wis we'll want the 4x4. We're planning on Quigley http://www.quigley4x4.com doing the conversion, don't need the super duper conversion like SMB west does. When traveling we'd like to just be able to pull over and sleep (sometimes in places where stealth camping will come in handy). I'd say our travels will be 80% just the 2 of us and 20% with 2 sons or 3-4 guys.

I'm also a ski patroller so I'll be using it for snowboarding and skiing in the winter. We plan on selling our suburban and keeping just our honda pilot so the SMB will become our 2nd vehicle if we need it. (we don't need a second vehicle much now that our boys are mobile on there own and we both have motorcycles so for 7-8 months we can cycle). We also have a 4200 lb Mastercraft X10 rig for wake surfing and plan to tow it around Wisconsin at times.

On to the build:

Van: Ford V10 E350 EB 4:10 axle with limited slip (we aren't planning on severe rock crawling like some of nuts guys)

Roof: penthouse seems the only choice. I really need to put this in my heated garage. Have an 8' door now and with the PH and quigley 4x4 it'll just fit with nothing on the roof. I'm planning on using a yakima box and carrying windsurfers at times (will try to remember to remove before driving into garage) so the thule strips on top will be needed. I'm also trying to decide if I'd like to go with the safari rack and being able to stow more gear and equipment up there. This would mean that I'd need to redesign/build my garage door to a 9 footer (I have a 10' ceiling so this should work).

Sleeping: I'm only 5'10" 150 lbs and my wife is 5'7" 120 lbs (don't tell her I posted this). So we're both on the smaller side. One of my sons is my size and the other is 6' 190 lbs. They'll travel with us at times, but not too often and we'll throw the tent out for them when extended camping or if they smell bad. For stealth and winter (with just two) we'd keep the PH down to keep the heat in better and not LOOK like we're camping. Remember that Wisconsin can get below zero at times.

Floor plan: I really want/need a walk through design. I haul 4x8 sheets and 8' to 10' lumber at times and want to be able to slide these into the van (I use the suburban now, but we'll be selling it). So am trying to decide between EB14, EB19, EB44, EB82. The shower/bath is non negotiable (happy wife, happy life). I want the porta-pottie so we can empty it anywhere and not worry about freezing (have one for tent camping, works great). Will be getting the awning and using this for cooking area outside of van. Does any floor plan allow for easier access to the PH? (At my age I need to get up in the middle of the night and being active I'm sometimes sore.) My pros and cons for each plan.

EB14. Pros: w/ 3rd seat 7 people transport (may not get unless it removes easy and doesn't leave attachment junk behind). The dinette doubles as a eating, laptop using, card playing area for 4 during rain or in the winter. Can also leave in bed down position. Can get the door cabinet if no 3rd seat (does the door cabinet remove easy?). Will want to shrink the bathroom down to see if we can fit the pantry next to it (don't want bath sink). Water lines will all be on one side of the van and might be able to use if the temp isn't going to get too low. Lots of window light. Cons: not sure if the boys will fit in the PH or the back bed (seems more for couples only). This would apply if I go skiing with a buddy or son (will not want to snuggle) and PH seems to lose too much heat to keep up or if stealth needed. Won't be able to open side door and use the van and awning area together (someone sitting in the van and others under the awning, EB44 would do this). The same holds true with someone sitting in the passenger seat and someone at the table…but would be a pro if you're not getting along. Not easy to climb into PH(guessing)? Not as much cabinet space as EB44. 3rd captains seat limits side door access.

EB19. Pros: Bed is bigger so boys might fit. Still not sure about 2 small non-snuggling males though. Area flows to outside better than EB14 and EB82. Need frig and micro to fit across from bath (?). 3rd captains seat possible (see above). Side door cabinet could be used instead of cabinet next to couch. Water system on one side of van. Good eating, laptop using, card playing area for 4. Can transport 6-7 people. Cons: not as much cabinet space as EB44. Can't leave bed made up. Frig and stove a ways apart. Not easy to climb into PH(guessing)? 3rd captains seat limits side door access.

EB44. Pros: sitting area and awning area more together. More cabinet storage space (no second couch). Can have side door cabinet. Easier to climb into PH with couch(guessing ?).Cons: water system needs to be on both sides of van. No good card playing area for 4. Sleeping still won't fit 2 boys or non-snuggling males with PH down. Can only transport 4-5 people. Would not want to leave bed made up.

EB82. Pros: Can sleep boys or 2 non snuggling males in couches. Best choice for winter with a buddy or son for this reason. Lots of space under couches. Great eating, laptop using, card playing area. Can transport 6-8 people. Cons: like EB14 area inside of van doesn't share/flow to outside awning area. Water system on both sides. Very little cabinet space. Can't have door cabinet for outside cooking. Inside cabinet sticks into side door area making access cramped.

Heater & A/C: Really don't think we'll need the A/C. If we are down south and return to a hot van I'd let the van run for awhile and cool things down. My wife hates A/C and I would only use it to sleep, but the PH seems like it would have lots of ventilation. More of our traveling will be more north or in the mountains. Heater is a must have (and not one that depends on electric, solar will not work very well in Wisconsin during the winter time). So the Propane 19,000 BTU seems to be the best choice. I really want to see if SMB can insulate the van really well. Some of the forum posts have me a little concerned about them doing a good job. Any comments about recent builds from SMB north would be appreciated (for side walls, water lines, water tanks, and floor).

Windows: The more the better. We both like light and sun. Haven't read/researched if there are different types (awning, slide, etc), but would like to keep some open for ventilation and not worry about rain coming in. But would also like good ventilation. Don't like bugs while sleeping (I think we'll have no-see-um friends at times). Are the zipper screens in the PH sturdy? (we both are photo buffs and catching wildlife without opening doors would be nice). I read about some of your window coverings for heat loss and will be looking into these more (less furnace use will be nice). Will go with all the shades/blinds from SMB for privacy and safety.

Electric: will go with 2 house batteries, but no solar (maybe wire for in case we sell). Wisconsin clouds and tree canopy will negate it's use. I have a 1000w Honda generator already, but thinking about the 2.8k gas generator. Wife would like to flip a switch and use hair dryer, microwave, etc (happy wife…). It would also be nice to flip the switch in the winter time and recharge the house batteries after the furnace fans drain them at night. Too lazy to set the generator up all the time. This would also allow us to go with the Danhard A/C, but at $4k would end up being a waste of $ if hardly ever used. A fan at night if it's hot is all I'll need. Would the Fan-Tastic Vent 01100WH Endless Breeze 12V Fan be able to run all night without draining the batteries?

Water: Wife really wants hot water. Want to go tankless Girard Tankless RV Water Heaters http://tweetys.com/girard-tankless-rv-w ... bAodtltkow with winter use device. Nancy at SMB is looking into this, they haven't done this yet and not too excited about being their first. Will go with the PROPANE 6G W/bypass valve if not Girard or better idea. Thoughts out there??? I'm guessing that I will choose to winterize if things get too cold. Remember that my SMB baby will be sleeping in a heated garage when at home so it'll only sit in the elements for day use or when we're camping.

Frig: Either the standard REFRIGERATOR “3E” Electric, Norcold 2.7 CF SMB build or possibly the Engel SR70 Built-in Refrigerator http://www.engel-usa.com/index.php?page ... &Itemid=59 . My wife is a light sleeper and some folks say the standard frig is noisy.

Microwave: The SMB microwave/convection should work fine for us.

Outside: Aluminess bumpers both ends. I'm a brush guard guy and these are a non brainer for me. Will also go with the tire carrier and the big box. Side ladder for roof access. Awning for bad weather. Might do the bike rack on the back box for the mountain bikes. I have a really old receiver hitch rack, but if we tow the boat it won't work plus it might not fit well with the box on and it makes the vehicle even longer. Might go with the aluminess safari rack on top(anyone have a final height on this, will it fit in a 9' garage door?) or at least need the thule strips. Also might add the winch to the front end at some point. Roof lights on the front and back would be nice for night time setup, but would like to keep them at the PH roof height if possible (8' garage door). Might wire for a light bar on top, but don't think I'll need it at the beginning. I'll wait to see if I'd use it much then add it. Wide hoops steps all around.

Tires: looks like I'll have 17" from quigley, but not sure which size and manufacturer that I'd go with. Recommendations needed (remember snow use and light off road, very little sand, and no heavy rock crawling). Might get the compressor at some point and mount it in the rear bumper or just get the travel in box extreme air.

Rear Suspension: I'm hoping the SMB north has this nailed because I'm planning on having a loaded rig and don't want a sagging rear end like that other guy (was is Jag?). I always seem to bring everything I can (I'm already wondering if my 2 scuba tanks will fit in the rear bumper box or be too heavy).

Security: would like to have a nice alarm system, not sure which one though. Would also like a spot to hide our handguns, but keep them readily accessible. A safe spot for important documents and cash would also be nice.

Entertainment/navigation: Don't want to go with the build in navigation. Rather have a handheld/removable gps that we can take with us hiking/biking etc. May get a laptop mount and go with navigation software. Will probably just go with the standard stereo, Ford now has the aux jack for an iPod so this will work good as we love music for traveling. Would like to be able to listen to music while in camp if no one else is near by so extra speakers in side doors would be nice or ones that project to outside. Don't need it very loud. We watch movies on a MacBook pro 17" with an external HD loaded with movies (so no TV needed). Also have a usb TV tuner that works great with an HD antenna for light TV use.

Did I get everything?

I look forward to all your comments (even the snide ones) and thanks for reading this whole post. Can't wait to place our order and then wait, wait some more, wait a little more, and then have fun.

Steve Mac

Toyo LT285/70 R17
4MacFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #2

Re: New SMB build, Ford E350 EB V10, help needed.

Don't forget the full floater rear axle. Heavy rigs for sure need them, lighter ones like my two can get away without them.

If PH then also get the electric lift. Retrofitting afterward is pricey.

Ray
06 E350 RB
06 E350 Quigley V10
my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4MacFam
My first post here. My wife and I are in the planning stages of our new SMB and would like to request some help. SMB North will be doing our van (from Madison, WI). So here goes:

What we'll use it for. Lots of traveling out west, up north (well farther then we are, Wisconsin), and into the south. We'd like to make it into remote areas and with winter use in Wis we'll want the 4x4. We're planning on Quigley http://www.quigley4x4.com doing the conversion, don't need the super duper conversion like SMB west does. When traveling we'd like to just be able to pull over and sleep (sometimes in places where stealth camping will come in handy). I'd say our travels will be 80% just the 2 of us and 20% with 2 sons or 3-4 guys.

I'm also a ski patroller so I'll be using it for snowboarding and skiing in the winter. We plan on selling our suburban and keeping just our honda pilot so the SMB will become our 2nd vehicle if we need it. (we don't need a second vehicle much now that our boys are mobile on there own and we both have motorcycles so for 7-8 months we can cycle). We also have a 4200 lb Mastercraft X10 rig for wake surfing and plan to tow it around Wisconsin at times.

On to the build:

Van: Ford V10 E350 EB 4:10 axle with limited slip (we aren't planning on severe rock crawling like some of nuts guys)

So far, so good

Roof: penthouse seems the only choice. I really need to put this in my heated garage. Have an 8' door now and with the PH and quigley 4x4 it'll just fit with nothing on the roof. I'm planning on using a yakima box and carrying windsurfers at times (will try to remember to remove before driving into garage) so the thule strips on top will be needed. I'm also trying to decide if I'd like to go with the safari rack and being able to stow more gear and equipment up there. This would mean that I'd need to redesign/build my garage door to a 9 footer (I have a 10' ceiling so this should work).

With a changeable load on top, you will need the electric penthouse lift. Or you may not be able to lift the top with a load on it.

Sleeping: I'm only 5'10" 150 lbs and my wife is 5'7" 120 lbs (don't tell her I posted this). So we're both on the smaller side. One of my sons is my size and the other is 6' 190 lbs. They'll travel with us at times, but not too often and we'll throw the tent out for them when extended camping or if they smell bad. For stealth and winter (with just two) we'd keep the PH down to keep the heat in better and not LOOK like we're camping. Remember that Wisconsin can get below zero at times.

Ok. It is warmer with the top down.

Floor plan: I really want/need a walk through design. I haul 4x8 sheets and 8' to 10' lumber at times and want to be able to slide these into the van (I use the suburban now, but we'll be selling it). So am trying to decide between EB14, EB19, EB44, EB82. The shower/bath is non negotiable (happy wife, happy life). I want the porta-pottie so we can empty it anywhere and not worry about freezing (have one for tent camping, works great). Will be getting the awning and using this for cooking area outside of van. Does any floor plan allow for easier access to the PH? (At my age I need to get up in the middle of the night and being active I'm sometimes sore.) My pros and cons for each plan.

I step on the sink/stove cabinet and step up to the P/H bed. My wife has to stack about 18" of stuff on the couch to get up. I've seen some use a collapsible ladder for bed access. It is a bigger issue for shorter people (my wife is 5'2").

EB14. Pros: w/ 3rd seat 7 people transport (may not get unless it removes easy and doesn't leave attachment junk behind). The dinette doubles as a eating, laptop using, card playing area for 4 during rain or in the winter. Can also leave in bed down position. Can get the door cabinet if no 3rd seat (does the door cabinet remove easy?). Will want to shrink the bathroom down to see if we can fit the pantry next to it (don't want bath sink). Water lines will all be on one side of the van and might be able to use if the temp isn't going to get too low. Lots of window light. Cons: not sure if the boys will fit in the PH or the back bed (seems more for couples only). This would apply if I go skiing with a buddy or son (will not want to snuggle) and PH seems to lose too much heat to keep up or if stealth needed. Won't be able to open side door and use the van and awning area together (someone sitting in the van and others under the awning, EB44 would do this). The same holds true with someone sitting in the passenger seat and someone at the table…but would be a pro if you're not getting along. Not easy to climb into PH(guessing)? Not as much cabinet space as EB44. 3rd captains seat limits side door access.

With Reflectix or other added insulation, the P/H can be used in cold weather. We've slept in our P/H into the teens without extra insulation. Turn the heater down (I modified our thermostat so it can control down to 35 degrees) and use a down comforter at night to conserve propane and batteries. The furnace blower uses too much battery and is fairly loud.

EB19. Pros: Bed is bigger so boys might fit. Still not sure about 2 small non-snuggling males though. Area flows to outside better than EB14 and EB82. Need frig and micro to fit across from bath (?). 3rd captains seat possible (see above). Side door cabinet could be used instead of cabinet next to couch. Water system on one side of van. Good eating, laptop using, card playing area for 4. Can transport 6-7 people. Cons: not as much cabinet space as EB44. Can't leave bed made up. Frig and stove a ways apart. Not easy to climb into PH(guessing)? 3rd captains seat limits side door access.

You sleep across the van, 5'10" (my height) is about the tallest I would suggest in the dinette bed. 3rd captain's chair doesn't limit access too badly. The chair is by the back side door and you can get by it. You can never have too much cabinet space - you need some place for the winter clothes while you are inside.

EB44. Pros: sitting area and awning area more together. More cabinet storage space (no second couch). Can have side door cabinet. Easier to climb into PH with couch(guessing ?).Cons: water system needs to be on both sides of van. No good card playing area for 4. Sleeping still won't fit 2 boys or non-snuggling males with PH down. Can only transport 4-5 people. Would not want to leave bed made up.

I think the couch is a little low for a step into the P/H bed. I've heard the gaucho is not comfortable for 2, any 2. When down, the right and left sides (base and backrest) are different widths, so the split is to one side and not comfortable for that person.

EB82. Pros: Can sleep boys or 2 non snuggling males in couches. Best choice for winter with a buddy or son for this reason. Lots of space under couches. Great eating, laptop using, card playing area. Can transport 6-8 people. Cons: like EB14 area inside of van doesn't share/flow to outside awning area. Water system on both sides. Very little cabinet space. Can't have door cabinet for outside cooking. Inside cabinet sticks into side door area making access cramped.

The lack of cabinets is somewhat compensated for by the storage under the couches. Where does the furnace go? Under the sink/stove or under the couch? Under the couch will cook if you are sitting there.

Heater & A/C: Really don't think we'll need the A/C. If we are down south and return to a hot van I'd let the van run for awhile and cool things down. My wife hates A/C and I would only use it to sleep, but the PH seems like it would have lots of ventilation. More of our traveling will be more north or in the mountains. Heater is a must have (and not one that depends on electric, solar will not work very well in Wisconsin during the winter time). So the Propane 19,000 BTU seems to be the best choice. I really want to see if SMB can insulate the van really well. Some of the forum posts have me a little concerned about them doing a good job. Any comments about recent builds from SMB north would be appreciated (for side walls, water lines, water tanks, and floor).

We've never needed aux AC and it takes precious space. You might look at a ProPex heater. They are smaller and quieter.

Windows: The more the better. We both like light and sun. Haven't read/researched if there are different types (awning, slide, etc), but would like to keep some open for ventilation and not worry about rain coming in. But would also like good ventilation. Don't like bugs while sleeping (I think we'll have no-see-um friends at times). Are the zipper screens in the PH sturdy? (we both are photo buffs and catching wildlife without opening doors would be nice). I read about some of your window coverings for heat loss and will be looking into these more (less furnace use will be nice). Will go with all the shades/blinds from SMB for privacy and safety.

The shades/blinds also help insulate the windows when they are closed.

Electric: will go with 2 house batteries, but no solar (maybe wire for in case we sell). Wisconsin clouds and tree canopy will negate it's use. I have a 1000w Honda generator already, but thinking about the 2.8k gas generator. Wife would like to flip a switch and use hair dryer, microwave, etc (happy wife…). It would also be nice to flip the switch in the winter time and recharge the house batteries after the furnace fans drain them at night. Too lazy to set the generator up all the time. This would also allow us to go with the Danhard A/C, but at $4k would end up being a waste of $ if hardly ever used. A fan at night if it's hot is all I'll need. Would the Fan-Tastic Vent 01100WH Endless Breeze 12V Fan be able to run all night without draining the batteries?

2 Group 27 batteries has always been enough for our use. If you want to park for more than two days you will need solar or a generator. The 2.8KW unit will allow use of a hair dryer or real microwave. The Endless Breeze fan is great. I made some wire hangers to hang one from the front P/H lockdown hooks - right in front of the P/H bed.

Water: Wife really wants hot water. Want to go tankless Girard Tankless RV Water Heaters http://tweetys.com/girard-tankless-rv-w ... bAodtltkow with winter use device. Nancy at SMB is looking into this, they haven't done this yet and not too excited about being their first. Will go with the PROPANE 6G W/bypass valve if not Girard or better idea. Thoughts out there??? I'm guessing that I will choose to winterize if things get too cold. Remember that my SMB baby will be sleeping in a heated garage when at home so it'll only sit in the elements for day use or when we're camping.

No experience with hot water.

Frig: Either the standard REFRIGERATOR “3E” Electric, Norcold 2.7 CF SMB build or possibly the Engel SR70 Built-in Refrigerator http://www.engel-usa.com/index.php?page ... &Itemid=59 . My wife is a light sleeper and some folks say the standard frig is noisy.

The standard frig is variable. Some are very quiet, some are not. Ours was not. I took it out and made some rubber restraints for the compressor. Limiting the compressor motion made a big difference.

Microwave: The SMB microwave/convection should work fine for us.

Outside: Aluminess bumpers both ends. I'm a brush guard guy and these are a non brainer for me. Will also go with the tire carrier and the big box. Side ladder for roof access. Awning for bad weather. Might do the bike rack on the back box for the mountain bikes. I have a really old receiver hitch rack, but if we tow the boat it won't work plus it might not fit well with the box on and it makes the vehicle even longer. Might go with the aluminess safari rack on top(anyone have a final height on this, will it fit in a 9' garage door?) or at least need the thule strips. Also might add the winch to the front end at some point. Roof lights on the front and back would be nice for night time setup, but would like to keep them at the PH roof height if possible (8' garage door). Might wire for a light bar on top, but don't think I'll need it at the beginning. I'll wait to see if I'd use it much then add it. Wide hoops steps all around.

Tires: looks like I'll have 17" from quigley, but not sure which size and manufacturer that I'd go with. Recommendations needed (remember snow use and light off road, very little sand, and no heavy rock crawling). Might get the compressor at some point and mount it in the rear bumper or just get the travel in box extreme air.

I'm partial to Michelin LTX A/T's.

Rear Suspension: I'm hoping the SMB north has this nailed because I'm planning on having a loaded rig and don't want a sagging rear end like that other guy (was is Jag?). I always seem to bring everything I can (I'm already wondering if my 2 scuba tanks will fit in the rear bumper box or be too heavy).

Security: would like to have a nice alarm system, not sure which one though. Would also like a spot to hide our handguns, but keep them readily accessible. A safe spot for important documents and cash would also be nice.

Entertainment/navigation: Don't want to go with the build in navigation. Rather have a handheld/removable gps that we can take with us hiking/biking etc. May get a laptop mount and go with navigation software. Will probably just go with the standard stereo, Ford now has the aux jack for an iPod so this will work good as we love music for traveling. Would like to be able to listen to music while in camp if no one else is near by so extra speakers in side doors would be nice or ones that project to outside. Don't need it very loud. We watch movies on a MacBook pro 17" with an external HD loaded with movies (so no TV needed). Also have a usb TV tuner that works great with an HD antenna for light TV use.

I agree with Ray's comment. Check if your van has a full floating axle. If not, get one. I paid $1500 at a wrecking yard to get one and change the ratio and add limited slip.

Did I get everything?

I look forward to all your comments (even the snide ones) and thanks for reading this whole post. Can't wait to place our order and then wait, wait some more, wait a little more, and then have fun.

Steve Mac
Good luck,

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #4

I would strongly recommend looking at QuadVan too.

You get all Ford moving parts, nothing modified. More suspension travel. Optional Electronic Shift on the Fly transfer case (which means dash switch, not a lever on the floor), and optional lockers front and rear. Even if you are not rock crawling, 4WD with open diffs is really just 2wd. You can also get the Transfer Flow 46 gallon midship tank which is not available for Quigley anymore, so that limits fuel to 28 or so gallons. QuadVan can also do a rear au tank.

There are a couple SMB owners who have moved from a Quigley to a QuadVan. You may want to search for their posts.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
Site Team

If I were building from scratch, I would build my galley setup around an Isotherm ASU fridge. Battery management is important to me, and the ASU aspect of the Isotherm fridges really appeals to me.

Herb
Old 09-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Heater & A/C: Really don't think we'll need the A/C. If we are down south and return to a hot van I'd let the van run for awhile and cool things down. My wife hates A/C and I would only use it to sleep, but the PH seems like it would have lots of ventilation. More of our traveling will be more north or in the mountains. Heater is a must have (and not one that depends on electric, solar will not work very well in Wisconsin during the winter time).
You may want to think about incorporating rear factory Ford HVAC.

I could not get by without rear A/C. These vans are big. Dash air doesn't cut it when folks are in back. Had to live without it for half a trip (blend door actuator failed) and the back seats were bi**hing and moaning the entire time. Plus, the factory HVAC has pretty amazing capacity, both heat and cooling. And since you will have the V10, you could idle the van and run the rear A/C if needed, and it would still be quieter than a rooftop unit. This will also mean you won't have to run the propane heat while driving. Cab heat only won't be enough for the very back.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #7

Quote:
This is why QuadVan likes adding 4x4 after the rest of the van is built. This allows springs to be tailored for the actual loaded weight. Since you will be towing, some airbags could be useful for keeping it all level. Just be careful on the setup. More air-spring travel is better. Not all kits are created equal.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #8

Great ideas guys. Keep em coming.

- Electric PH
- Factory Rear a/c
- Quadvan - this one really puts me in a dilemma. Quigley is 800 mi from me and even closer to SMB North. Quadvan is 1900 miles from me and even farther from SMB north. I do like the idea of SMB doing the conversion first to add all the weight and then letting quadvan add 4x4 and proper suspension to a loaded van.

Any ideas that actually save $ would be nice too.

Steve
Toyo LT285/70 R17
4MacFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #9

The real advantage of Quigley is you can order it from any Ford dealer and it is all covered by the Ford warranty. If you don't live near QuadVan (or Whitefeather) that is a real plus.

The advantage of QuadVan is all Ford parts, customizable to your needs and a very factory looking product.

A van can be shipped across country and the shipping costs will be a minor part of the 4x4 costs. It costs to have a Quigley van shipped to Indiana also.

Everything else being equal, I'd go with QuadVan, but all things are never equal.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_6L_E350
The real advantage of Quigley is you can order it from any Ford dealer and it is all covered by the Ford warranty.
Quigley components are covered buy the Quigley warranty, not Ford.

This applies to QuadVan as well. They can be purchased through any Ford dearler, and the full Ford warranty remains intact. QuadVan covers their parts.