Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 09:54 PM   #1

Looking for awning mounting brackets

Anyone have a set? They don't have to be Eli's or Z's, but I'm looking to save a buck because I will be modifying them anyway. I want to try a Foxwing awning but need to fabricate mounts since they are made to mount on crossbars. I have a pop top so I can't use on crossbars.
Anyone have a used SMB set or other I could experiment with?

Thanks

86Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #2

Re: Looking for awning mounting brackets

I modified a set of Fiama brackets for my tarp awning. Got them fro Go Westy, http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details. ... parent_id=
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #3

My Foxwing also came with some plates to rivet to any flat surface. I ended up just mounting it to Unistrut however, which is bolted vertical to my rack.

The crossbar brackets should work with the bars in your pics. They are designed to mount to horizontal unistrut (which is really all the Rhino Racks are) and come with adapters to fit square and round bars.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:12 AM   #4

If you decide to go with the Go Westy set, see how much they charge for shipping before you commit to buy. They're about 10 miles from me and I can go pick them up and ship them in a flat rate box to you. You could avoid tax since you're out of state, but if they charge a lot for shipping, you might still come out ahead.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:41 AM   #5

Larrie, thanks a lot! That's a good price, almost a third of what Van Specialties charges, which is what I'm after since I'm going to have to hack them a bit anyway and I don't want to ruin anything. Can you send me some pics of your setup and brackets? No rush.

CarringB, thanks for the idea but it's way too high to mount on top of my PH. I'm wanting to mount on the rain gutter so the awning will still be manageable and reachable with the PH up. I don't know of anyone who has successfully used an awning mounted on a raised PH except LenS and I don't really want to try it. I would like my awning easily in reach so if it gets windy I can drop it quickly, and also so my wife and kids can help without climbing.

Jin, I appreciate the offer. I may or may not try to round this up before my summer trip next month but if I do I'll be in touch. Thanks for the help! Oh, I haven't forgotten your trim pieces. I'll try to get those out this week. How many do you need again?

86Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #6

86Scotty,

You can see how they were modified in this thread, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8963&hilit=+Awning
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote