Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2015, 05:27 PM   #1

Garage
Unbending a bent Fiamma 45 Awning

Just returned from Baja and, while sitting at Punta Colonet a gust of wind took my awning and blew it on top of my van! The wind ripped the grommets out of the two rearward backets and the front bracket (which was through bolted) held causing a nice bend in the extruded aluminum housing. All the guts work still but I took it to a body shop and they said extruded aluminum wont bend back. I am hesitant to begin trying to bend it without first reaching out to you all. I don't know how to make my pictures smaller to post and start a "Gallery" of my adventure. Any help would be great.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:05 AM   #2

Re: Unbending a bent Fiamma 45 Awning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzero
I don't know how to make my pictures smaller to post and start a "Gallery" of my adventure. Any help would be great.
Here's how I do it......

If you are using windows, right click on the .jpg image and open with paint. Once the image is open in paint, click "resize" in the top menu and then click "pixels" in the drop down box. Change the largest pixel number to 900 or less then "save as".....

If you are using an apple product I have no idea.....
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder
Quote:
I don't know how to make my pictures smaller to post and start a "Gallery" of my adventure. Any help would be great.
Here's how I do it......

If you are using windows, right click on the .jpg image and open with paint. Once the image is open in paint, click "resize" in the top menu and then click "pixels" in the drop down box. Change the largest pixel number to 900 or less then "save as".....

If you are using an apple product I have no idea.....
Pretty much the same with Microsoft Picture Manager. Right click on the picture and select "open with" then select Microsoft Picture Manager.

note: I always save the original picture as it was taken by the camera prior to editing any pictures and make a copy which I resize with the picture manager... you normally don't want to loose your original. Once edited it's changed forever.

Open the picture with picture manager.

click edit picture

click resize

click the predefined width and height drop down button the select 800x600 then click OK. It will ask if you want to save the changed picture file. Select yes and the picture will be resized.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS 1.jpg   PICS 2.jpg   PICS 3.jpg  

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #4

Neat trick, in Windows, for re-sizing a bunch of pics:

1. Load the pics onto your 'puter, if they are not already there (or copy from your phone/camera card and put them in a folder on your "puter)
2.. Create an empty folder such as "Resized Trip Pics", I usually make it a sub-folder under the folder containing the full sized pics.
3. Highlight/Select the full size pics you want to resize from the original folder
4. Right click one of the selected pics (will apply to all selected pics)
5. Select "Send To", then "Mail Recipent"
6. This will bring up a window allowing size selection for the pics
7. Select the size you want - Medium or Small work well.
8. This will then open a window in your email program with a DRAFT created which has the pics listed as attachments ALREADY RESIZED !!
9. Highlight all the pics listed as attachments, copy, and paste to the new folder you created in step 2 above.
10. Close the email draft that was created since you do not needed it anymore.

Bingo - all the pics selected have been resized and saved to the new folder.

Sounds more entailed writing it out, but it is really super quick. Give it a try!
Old 08-08-2015, 04:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Just returned from Baja and, while sitting at Punta Colonet a gust of wind took my awning and blew it on top of my van! The wind ripped the grommets out of the two rearward backets and the front bracket (which was through bolted) held causing a nice bend in the extruded aluminum housing. All the guts work still but I took it to a body shop and they said extruded aluminum wont bend back. I am hesitant to begin trying to bend it without first reaching out to you all. I don't know how to make my pictures smaller to post and start a "Gallery" of my adventure. Any help would be great.
RIP Fiamma
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:08 PM   #6
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogone
Quote:
RIP Fiamma
^^^Hate to say so but I probably agree. Hope it didn't do damage to the vans body cause that's usually the case. Good luck on the repair.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote