Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #1

Available for Fly/Drive delivery next few months

Thought I'd throw this out there: if anyone is looking to get a van transported from coast to coast, I'd be interested in doing a fly/drive for you for expenses only. Our planned cross-country trip for this summer got canned (we went to Europe instead; my wife's choice) and I still have the bug to do a long drive. I'm located in the Philadelphia area. I telecommute for my job so am pretty flexible (can do it from the road easily).

Also happy to check out any potential for sale vans locally if anyone needs it. I've already done so for a forum member who bought a Sprinter van this spring.

I've been driving vans since I learned on my dad's windowless Dodge Maxivan back in the mid-80s. Have done two drives to Alaska from the East Coast and one other coast-coast r/t in our SMB last summer.

PM me if I can help.

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #2

Re: Available for Fly/Drive delivery next few months

PM bajasportsmobile.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #3

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
PM bajasportsmobile.
I bought a Sportsmobile in Wilmington, DE and was looking for a way to get it back to San Diego. My daughter and her boyfriend jumped at the chance to make a vacation of it and will be driving it back in a few weeks. Interestingly, they will be flying into Philly, and the seller will pick them up.

I may have other opportunities in the future as I am looking to buy a couple more in the next few months.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #4

Sounds like a fun trip for your daughter! If they need an emergency contact here in Philly area, ping me.

Where did you find the van in Wilmington for sale? I regularly check CL here in the area but almost never see any listed. Figures, I'm out of the country for four weeks and one shows up for sale! Hope it all works out for you.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #5

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Thank you for the offer.

It was on CL a few weeks ago. Original owner with 88K miles, 5.4L, EB51, Penthouse, White... has everything but the 4X4. Very nice SMB and perfect for our plans.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote