Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #1

Your opinion, and my welcome.

Well this is my first post and official welcome to the forum. I have had a 07 e150 for the past 2 1/2 years as my east coast fishing/camping van and within the past few months really have been wanting to move on to a 4x4. After searching around I came across a 05 e350 quigley 6.0 diesel with 80k on the clock. Completely empty on the interior, and an extended bed. There has been nothing done mechanically to the van and runs great. Body is in excellent condition, and there is minimal surface rust underneath. Inside has scratches from tools but nothing major. What do you guys think would be a fair price for the van? I'm thinking it might be a little steep but wanted to get an opinion from guys on here. I really appreciate it, and thanks for being my motivation to get a 4x4!! Can't wait to start a build thread.

-Chris

Gh0ztkid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:11 AM   #2

Re: You opinion, and my welcome.

My ears always perk up when someone mentions East Coast! We are you located?

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:32 AM   #3

New Jersey. And usually travel north of there for fishing. Van I am purchasing is from another state inland though and surprisingly no rust underneath at all really
Old 08-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #4

So the diesel is already 4x4, or are you wondering if it's a good candidate to convert?

one thing to keep in mind is 80k is nearing the milaege where some issues may crop up if you don't get ahead of them (EGR/Oil coolers, sticking turbo, EGR valve etc ). I personally would not buy a 6.0 unless it were priced right to budget for the appropriate "bulletproofing" upgrades. For and '05, a new engine wiring harness may be needed too.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #5

Yes thanks he never had a problem and didn't do any of that to the vehicle. But all maintenance had been documented and performed at the local ford dealer. It is already 4x4 quigley. He is asking 16k obo I'm wondering what you guys think of that price.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #6

I would want to do the necessary work so I won't have any further issues with it. How much would the egr, coolant and all cost me?
Old 08-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #7

Heres a recent thread about a member about to do the bulletproofing on his 6.0. I think he says $8k+ for what he's doing.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14321
Old 08-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
Site Team

Garage

EGR cooler isn't too bad but the oil cooler is kind of a high labor job. My harness failed last year. That was expensive but was upgraded to the newer version so I hope that I'm done with that. I installed a better FICM also. I've never had issues with the turbo but being I'm gonna be in there I'm going to upgrade it. You could save a bit if you put back a standard turbo and save about 1000 bucks. I'm in so deep right now I will probably have the head studs done to finish it out

I think Jeffery just did his.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #9

Also being a Quigley, you probably will want to budget for the Agile Off-road Ride Improvement Package. The diesel especially will have very limited bump travel as-is.

I'm not trying to stead you away, just be aware that a van will never cost you as little as you think it will
Old 08-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #10

Yeah. So now I'm second guessing it especially when he's asking $16k for it. I'm thinking about offering 10 and seeing where it goes. I would be into this van for the long hall I'm 25 and looking to have this van for 10+ years if possible for fishing and camping. Do you guys think that would be fair and a good idea or do you think I should keep looking? The van was immaculate looking still mostly blak and white underneath no rust at all the guy was like 60 and took very good care of the van. It was a home improvement work truck for him he did small remodeling himself and another worker. Never drove in the snow really never in the mud at all and never to or near the shore/beach. And he has all record done from ford dealer from oil changes to battery breaks and tire rotations. No other problems at all. Seams good but I'm a little afraid with the 6.0l now. If I did get it I would do the necessary egr and oil cooler so that hopefully the van would be good. But what's the most you would spend to buy the van? Not a scratch dent or rust spot on the body at all. I appreciate it guys I'm just so on the fence and being I'm not the most mechanically advanced person outside oil changes, breaks rotors and replacing starters/alternators and such.