Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #1

Leveling block recommendations

The time has come to purchase leveling blocks. Any recommendations on brand, shape, size, quantity?

larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #2

Re: Leveling block recommendations

I really like these Linx Levelers:

I have two sets, but I'm 4x4 and my tires are 34" with a lot of travel. I think you'd be good with a single set.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:46 PM   #3

I have a set of the Camco ones. No complaints, but I've only used them twice.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-44505-Level ... ing+blocks
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:48 PM   #4

I have used the Lynx for many years but just recently bought these Anderson Camp Levelers.

Makes it real easy the first time to get it right. No backing up and adding another level to get it perfect.

Here is a quick video

https://www.andersenhitches.com/Product ... veler.aspx

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
camper-leveler-seperatedjpg20130516063221.jpg  
outopawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:12 PM   #5

I have a set of the lynx levelers and they work fine. I have issues with getting the front tires onto the levelers though. When I try to back up onto them, the rear wheels go up onto them fine, but the front ones just get pushed by the tires. Are there any tips or tricks to get them to drive onto them easier?
Old 05-15-2015, 07:30 PM   #6

Garage

I have one set of the Lynx levelers and have been very pleased. No issues. Thought of buying a second set but I have only needed more than what I have only once. I haven't experienced the front levelers moving.

Mike
Old 05-15-2015, 07:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer
I have a set of the lynx levelers and they work fine. I have issues with getting the front tires onto the levelers though. When I try to back up onto them, the rear wheels go up onto them fine, but the front ones just get pushed by the tires. Are there any tips or tricks to get them to drive onto them easier?
Put it in 4lo

But yeah, even with the bigger tires they'll skitter instead of being driven up on without being in 4x4.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Quote:
Put it in 4lo

But yeah, even with the bigger tires they'll skitter instead of being driven up on without being in 4x4.
Thats what I was afraid of. Those of us without 4x4 will just have to deal with it I guess.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:29 PM   #9

Quote:
I had the same issue with the Camco's on pavement. They just slid no matter how slow I went. They work great on dirt and grass. Damn two wheel drive.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:40 AM   #10

I use the Lynx levelers too. They can be found at Wal-Mart if you want to pick up a set locally (if Wal-Mart can be considered local...).

The one time I don't like the Lynx as much is once you start needing a higher stack. You only really get "half a block" on each subsequent level and it takes more and more since they go up in a pyramid.

A friend has a pair of plastic ramps that are nice, but they are much bulkier to store and not as versatile as the Lynx blocks (you can only use them on two wheels, unless you get more than two and that would just be a silly amount of storage space). I haven't had any trouble getting the front wheels up onto the Lynx blocks even with 2WD. Maybe because I grew up driving on snow - developed that feather touch

Side bonus, one or two Lynx blocks make a handy "set down" for a trailer tongue wheel, and keep it from rolling around too (there is a divot in the center). I've heard of people using them to make a "path" to get out from being stuck but have never tried it, so not sure how well it might work (not that most of you need that anyway, what with the 4WD and all )

I'll have to check out the "MOMA looking" red scythe shaped ones - interesting.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote