Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #1

2013 E350 New Build

Hi all.
I've been reading this form for quit a while and I've gotten a lot of information on every topic. Thanks.
I'm still waiting for my van to show up from Quigley but I have most of my build parts boughten and ready to install. The picture is of the van the day it showed up at Quigley.

Here is the Buckstop bumper waiting to go on.

I ordered a Webasto Thermo Top C that I am wanting to install with a closed system heat plate for my hot water. There are no wiring instructions at all with the kit and I am lost. Here are a few pictures of what I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Pass.jpg   1383176_10201395653785923_1058916107_n.jpg   photo 2.JPG  

skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #2

Re: 2013 E350 New Build

So here is my question. Where do these wires go???
I found on line that the Red and Brown with the connectors go to the positive and negative of the battery. The heavy Red and Black that come out of the relay, the small green and yellow, and the small purple one that comes out of the digital timer......Where do these go? I would rather just get ride of the digital timer and turn it on with a switch when I need hot water.
Any help out there?
Attached Thumbnails
photo 3.JPG  
Old 10-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
Site Team

Try this link

http://techwebasto.com/redirect/heater_main/907512.pdf

Herb
Old 10-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #4

Hi Herb
Thanks. I had already found and read that link. That is the one where I found out about the red and brown wires to connect to the battery. I'm wondering if i can just delete most of the wiring harness that came with it and run all the positive wires through the little fuse block and a toggle switch?
I did find out the the heavy red wire, with the exposed copper, that is with the black one, runs the circulation pump.

Edit: I found a picture of the wiring harness on line with everything labeled in German. After translating the words to English, I found that the heavy black and red wires go the the vehicles engine fan. So most of this harness is used for a pre heating an engine application. I just have to figure out what wires I can delete. Wish me luck.

Dennis
Old 10-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #5

Nice color choice. Can't wait to see how your build progresses.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #6

Thanks. I hope I like it. I never did get to see one in person before I ordered it. Just looked at pictures online, that all looked a little different. ;-) Out of the colors available from Ford, It seemed like this one would blend into the outdoors the best. I think it will look ok after I get all the black accessories on it.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #7

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny
Thanks. I hope I like it. I never did get to see one in person before I ordered it. Just looked at pictures online, that all looked a little different. ;-) Out of the colors available from Ford, It seemed like this one would blend into the outdoors the best. I think it will look ok after I get all the black accessories on it.
We had a clubwagon that color. It is the absolute best color for hiding brown dirt there is. I don't think we ever washed that van - it never needed it!!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #8

I'm sure hoping to hear something from Quigley within the next week. I'm anxiously waiting to start my build. One thing I haven't decided on what I'm going to do for sure is how to finish my walls. I'm thinking of using either 1/4' Masonite or 3/8" plywood after I attach some horizontal furring strips. I know the ply would be heavier, but I think it would be more substantial if I wanted to screw into it and attach something light weight to the walls. As far as putting a finish on either of these, has anyone ever glued a Sunbrella type canvas onto the walls with a spay adhesive? It seems like it would be easy to work with and I think it would look pretty cool. I don't want to use carpet, etc.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #9

I just talked with the dealer I ordered the van from, and a guy at Quigley. Not the news that I wanted to hear. It was ordered the last week of June and it has been sitting at Quigley since Sept. 11th. They haven't even started it yet. They are "hoping" to get it in this week and finished by the end of next.
;-(((((
I was told when I ordered that I would have it by October. The guy at Quigley just told me it could take another 3 weeks for the dealer to get it after they ship. Mid November??????
Anyone else run into this in the past?
Sorry, I feel a little better now. ;-) Just had to vent a little.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny
I just talked with the dealer I ordered the van from, and a guy at Quigley. Not the news that I wanted to hear. It was ordered the last week of June and it has been sitting at Quigley since Sept. 11th. They haven't even started it yet. They are "hoping" to get it in this week and finished by the end of next.
;-(((((
I was told when I ordered that I would have it by October. The guy at Quigley just told me it could take another 3 weeks for the dealer to get it after they ship. Mid November??????
Anyone else run into this in the past?
Sorry, I feel a little better now. ;-) Just had to vent a little.
This might not make you feel better, but you're still getting a dang nice van. Again, great color! The waiting is the hardest part. Heck, ship it off to Sportsmobile West and have them do a leaf spring 4WD conversion