Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #1

larger fuel tank?

I have a v10 quigley and was wondering if anybody has a source for a larger fuel tank, I was looking into it a bit and can't seem to find a definitive resource. I'm thinking 45 gallon or something close? I guess the bigger the better, right?
Thanks for any advice or help.
C.

c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #2

Garage
Re: larger fuel tank?

ive got a transfer flow 46g tank in my van. i tried looking them up, but no specific applications for the vans. i have to asume its from a f350.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #3

Ujoint offers one.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
ive got a transfer flow 46g tank in my van. i tried looking them up, but no specific applications for the vans. i have to asume its from a f350.
They still make them but you have to have it installed by QuadVan, last I heard.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #5

Sportsmobile cost sheet includes a 46G tank with 4wd. They may be able to install one. Whitefeather may also be able to install one.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #6

Quadvan was back ordered on tanks when I was scheduled to pick up my van, so I had SMB West install one for me the day after I picked up my van in Portland. Worked out great, they got it done in a day.
ridintall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #7

This is all good stuff. I would like to support ujoint, but it's only a 38 gallon tank, and I'd like to get something like the transferflow 46 gallon that is apparently no longer available. Thanks for all the information, I think SMB west may be the way to go, but living in Wyoming I need to sort that out for a trip.
best,
C.
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #8

There's also Aero Tanks. Although they're in So Cal, so maybe a bit of a drive. But he quoted me anywhere from $1200-1800 for either replacing my TOO small Quigley-fied 25 gallon tank or adding add aux tank up to 60 gallons.
Great excuse for a road trip.

http://www.aerotanks.com/

And... Theres Northwest Metal products out of Oregon. That's probably a little closer to you.

http://www.nwmp.com

Personally I haven't dropped the $$$$ on and aux or bigger tank yet. The only time I wanted the extra range was in Baja. And it's a heck of a lot cheaper to buy two or three gas cans and carry those than adding a $1300+ replacement or aux tank.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by c7train
and I'd like to get something like the transferflow 46 gallon that is apparently no longer available.
Well it is, just not directly from TF. QuadVan and SMB pool together to have TF make large runs of the tanks. TF doesn't sell enough to stock them. They posted on another forum a while back to gauge interest in doing a limited-time direct sale, but they needed 20 order which they did not get (I think they got about 5 people who were interested).

Another option that is possible is adding a cutaway chassis rear tank, which can be setup as a transfer tank, or a dual-tank setup with selector valve. QuadVan does a lot of those too. Not sure about SMB.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
Quote:
Originally Posted by c7train
and I'd like to get something like the transferflow 46 gallon that is apparently no longer available.
Well it is, just not directly from TF. QuadVan and SMB pool together to have TF make large runs of the tanks. TF doesn't sell enough to stock them. They posted on another forum a while back to gauge interest in doing a limited-time direct sale, but they needed 20 order which they did not get (I think they got about 5 people who were interested).

Another option that is possible is adding a cutaway chassis rear tank, which can be setup as a transfer tank, or a dual-tank setup with selector valve. QuadVan does a lot of those too. Not sure about SMB.
I remember when transfer flow came out with the 46 gallon tank.
You could buy one direct for just under a grand. Still kicking myself
that I didn't but one.
BMWBILO is offline   Reply With Quote